CRM

DarrenJansen
Participant

If I send an individual email from Outlook, will it get listed in CRM?

SOLVE
If I send/receive an individual email from/in Outlook, will it get listed in under that contact's listing in the CRM? I have HubSpot Sales installed in my Outlook but it doesn't seem to be copying the emails I send to/get from my contacts. I always have to copy that information and post it as notes in Hubspot. I don't really like to send individual emails from the Hubspot contact CRM listing pages, because that can be a little buggy. So my question: is the HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in supposed to copy my emails into my contact records? If so, how can I get mine working. Thanks, Darren
0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenJansen

If the HubSpot Sales Outlook Plugin is working properly, connected to your HubSpot portal and you have 'log to CRM' checked, emails you send from Outlook should log automatically to the CRM. 

Here's reference on the log to CRM option: How to log your email in the CRM using HubSpot Sales

Does this help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenJansen

If you have 'log in CRM' checked, it absolutely should show in the time line. 

Is there any chance that you have filtered the timeline to not show sales emails? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenJansen

If the HubSpot Sales Outlook Plugin is working properly, connected to your HubSpot portal and you have 'log to CRM' checked, emails you send from Outlook should log automatically to the CRM. 

Here's reference on the log to CRM option: How to log your email in the CRM using HubSpot Sales

Does this help?

0 Upvotes
DarrenJansen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender Thanks for the reply. 

It seems to be partially working now; the email I sent is listed under "Sales Notifications" along with an opened/unopened status. However the email doesn't get listed under the contact's profile. Isn't the email supposed to automatically be logged as an action under the contact's profile in the CRM? 

Thanks,

Darren

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DarrenJansen

If you have 'log in CRM' checked, it absolutely should show in the time line. 

Is there any chance that you have filtered the timeline to not show sales emails? 

DarrenJansen
Participant

SOLVE

I ended up calling support for this one only to discover that the previous answer is actually correct. 

When I was in the inbox in Outlook I didn't see the checkbox for "Log in CRM." That's because the "Log in CRM" is visible only in the compose email window. 

When I started to compose an email and then clicked on "Log in CRM" it automatically included the bcc address to send the email to Hubspot.

Thanks for the answer.

0 Upvotes