Identifying Deals where "Property A" is greater than "Property B" ?

SOLVE
MattDavirro
Participant

Hi there.

I'm wondering if there is away to filter (or trigger a workflow) based on a comparison of two properties?

ex. I want to report on all Deals where "Property A" is greater than "Property B" Is there a way I can do this?

OR Can I have a workflow set "Property C" to True if "Property A" is greather than "Property B" ? Then I can filter by that property

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @MattDavirro,

Yes and no. By default, this is not possible. Number filters in lists and workflows only accept numbers, not other properties:

karstenkoehler_0-1627488765386.png

Buuut it looks like you're on an Enterprise subscription which gives you access to custom calculation properties. These types of properties allow you to set up custom equations based on number properties.

You would create such a property and subtract property B from property A. If this property value is negative, you know that B must be greater than A. If it is positive. A must be greater than B. You can now use your new custom calculation property in lists and workflows.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
warrendavey
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes, you can use a calculation field to subtract one property from the other.  If that property is negative then you know it is not true.  You can then filter a report without the negatives.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @MattDavirro,

Yes and no. By default, this is not possible. Number filters in lists and workflows only accept numbers, not other properties:

karstenkoehler_0-1627488765386.png

Buuut it looks like you're on an Enterprise subscription which gives you access to custom calculation properties. These types of properties allow you to set up custom equations based on number properties.

You would create such a property and subtract property B from property A. If this property value is negative, you know that B must be greater than A. If it is positive. A must be greater than B. You can now use your new custom calculation property in lists and workflows.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post