CRM

RMarinho
Contributor

Identify deals with no open tasks

SOLVE

I'm trying to find a quick and easy way to audit deals for tasks. My goal is simply to ensure that every open deal has a defined task. I'm trying to make sure no deal falls by the wayside.

It's ok if it's past due, the important thing is to visualize the deals that do not have open tasks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
CateDuarte
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMarinho if you do a filter sayin "Last Activity Date" is unkown you'll have the deals where no activity was logged. However here HS will consider also emails, chats, notes...You could then create a View in your Deals page. 

You could then set a WF to create a task for these Deals. You can "play" woth the Last Activity Trigger to automatically create new tasks. 

CateDuarte_0-1662731194025.pngCateDuarte_1-1662731218969.png

Hope I have helped somehow.

Tks

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMarinho,

I just realized I misread your original question – the workflow is currently just checking for any task, not just open ones. In this case, yes, the branch should check for an open task.

It's not possible to set up re-enrollment to "refresh" the workflow when a task is closed, unfortunately, only when a new activity is added to a deal.

And yes, if there are two tasks associated with a deal and one is open, the deal would go down the left branch.

Alternatively, you could bypass re-enrollment entirely with a scheduled workflow, correct. In that case, every morning the workflow could check whether a contact has an open task or not:

karstenkoehler_0-1662744370618.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
PBaan25
Participant

SOLVE

Is it possible to create a report for a hygiene dashboard that shows open deals without open tasks? I am struggling to find one that works for deals with multiple tasks or tasks without status. I really want to show only the deals without open tasks. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMarinho,

Whether a deal has a task or not is unfortunately not stored in a property. (Activity properties include more than just tasks.)

I'd recommend creating a custom deal property "Deal is associated with task" (single checkbox). You would then enroll deals in a new deal workflow when there is at least one associated activity with Activity type "Task". (Activity and engagement filters appear below other enrolment triggers in the right sidebar.) You would then set the value of the propert you just created to yes.

Now you can easily filter all deals which have or do not have a task. From the deal index page (Menu > Sales > Deals), filter for deals which do not have the value "yes" in the newly created property. You can create tasks in bulk for all deals that are shown.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RMarinho
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

I liked your solution! Thank you very much.

I would have to opt for a scheduled workflow to consider re-enrolling the deals, correct?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMarinho,

Technically, you don't need to (unless you're planning on deleting tasks). Whenever a deal receives a task, they will enroll into the workflow and be stamped "yes". If they don't have a task yet, the workflow will wait, so to say.

Re-enrollment or repeated checks would only be necessary if you're planning on deleting tasks and also removing the "yes" flag. If not, deals with their first tasks will enroll once. Deals who are already marked as having had at least one task remain in that status. If you have a glass of beer you can't go back to saying "I've never had a glass of beer".

If you are planning on removing tasks and updating the property accordingly, this is how I'd set it up:

karstenkoehler_0-1662743158019.png

Hope that makes sense!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
RMarinho
Contributor

SOLVE

Perfect, @karstenkoehler 

It would be interesting to update this property in "yes/no" because if today the deal has an open task (yes), I can complete it and not create a next one, changing the classification of this deal to (No), understand me?

A question, if I have two tasks in a deal, both completed (No), the deal would follow the path "At loast one task", correct?

Because the idea, in this case, would be for him to follow the other option, since he has no open task

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMarinho,

I just realized I misread your original question – the workflow is currently just checking for any task, not just open ones. In this case, yes, the branch should check for an open task.

It's not possible to set up re-enrollment to "refresh" the workflow when a task is closed, unfortunately, only when a new activity is added to a deal.

And yes, if there are two tasks associated with a deal and one is open, the deal would go down the left branch.

Alternatively, you could bypass re-enrollment entirely with a scheduled workflow, correct. In that case, every morning the workflow could check whether a contact has an open task or not:

karstenkoehler_0-1662744370618.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

RMarinho
Contributor

SOLVE

Very good, @karstenkoehler 

Thank you for resolution. I will go to implement now!

0 Upvotes
CateDuarte
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RMarinho if you do a filter sayin "Last Activity Date" is unkown you'll have the deals where no activity was logged. However here HS will consider also emails, chats, notes...You could then create a View in your Deals page. 

You could then set a WF to create a task for these Deals. You can "play" woth the Last Activity Trigger to automatically create new tasks. 

CateDuarte_0-1662731194025.pngCateDuarte_1-1662731218969.png

Hope I have helped somehow.

Tks

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com