CRM

AjaySarath
Participant

Identify a conversation using id of a contact

I have a scenario where an email can be in multiple accounts. I want to identify the conversation using the id of a contact instead of email. Currently the only way to identify a conversation is using email. I can create a contact without an email as well. In that case how can I identify the conversation? Is there any way to do that?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @AjaySarath 

Could you share a few more details?

• You say "a scenario where an email can be in multiple accounts". Are accounts companies or contacts?
  • Are we talking about conversations in HubSpot's Conversations Inbox?
  • What is the ultimate goal of identifying a conversation?

In HubSpot a contact's email is the unique identifier, so ideally each contact should have it's own unique email address.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
AjaySarath
Participant

I'm setting up live chat. I have clients who have multiple accounts(my product) with me for which I need to provide support. Each account can have multiple users. If a client has multiple accounts with me and if a user is accross many accounts, the same email will be available in many accounts. I have a single hubspot account in which I have many contacts.
1) There cannot be multiple contacts with the same email. Can this be done?
2) To identify a conversation in hubspot, I need to generate a token. (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/conversation/visitor-identification)

To generate this token, the only way possible is through email. Is there any other way?

0 Upvotes