CRM

Bob2245
Stratege/Strategin | Platinum Partner
Stratege/Strategin | Platinum Partner

Ideas to bulk manage attachments on company/deal/contact records

So, I know there's already an idea out there, to have this as a Hubspot feature. But since that's not on any roadmap yet it seems, I'm wondering if people have found external / creative solutions for this challenge?

Specifically, we're looking to migrate a client into Hubspot, who's coming from a CRM where file attachments are a big thing. There's roughly 12.000 records, at least 1.000 of which have multiple files attached to them, that would all need to be transfered to Hubspot.

In Hubspot, I can only upload these by hand, or would have to build something custom using the CMS Files API.

I've looked in the Hubspot Marketplace, but couldn't find anything. So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know of a solution out there that can expedite this process?

2. Alternatively, can anyone confirm that I can attach files uploaded to the CMS API, to a Contact, Company or Deal Record's Attachment card, provided I had the ID of that object (I'll worry about that last part next)?

5 Antworten
himanshurauthan
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner

Hello @Bob2245 and @TiphaineCuisset,

It's possible to create and attach files and PDFs to contact, company and deals.

To attach a file manually you can check this doc. If you want to attach files through API then here is the doc.

Hope it will help you out. 🙂

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
AFegan
Teilnehmer/-in

I have a really similar issue to this one, wondering if anyones come up with a solution?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @AFegan 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

For the API question, I want to tag some experts on this  - @miljkovicmisa @himanshurauthan do you have any thoughts for @AFegan on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

AyalaNovales
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

Hey, we have exactly the same issue, it would be awesome if someone have a solution.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @Bob2245 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @Phil_Vallender have you come across this before, do you have any suggestions for @Bob2245 ? 

For the API question - @Gonzalo @lynton can you help @Bob2245 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !