CRM

JessicaMac
Participant

ISSUE: correspondence from multiple deals are intermingling

SOLVE

I have noticed some weird things happening after the outage. 

It's been multiple deals that I have made have pulled in correspondance from other contacts (who shouldn't be associated with this deal) and task reminders that wer set for other deals.

So a brand new deal has emails from a different contact at the same company about a completely different request. And the same brand new deal has a task reminder on it that was for an earlier request by a different contact.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaMac,

Thank you for providing the additional information and screenshots! I appreciate it! 

The emails that are coming in look to be associated with contacts who are also associated with the company that the deal is associated with. So for the first example, the additional emails are from contacts who are associated with Raytheon. This is due to a setting within the deals tool, which enables you to decide what amount of information you want associated with the deal. For more information I wanted to share this resource which walks through the setting in greater detail.

I would recommend turning the check box off going forward, as this will ensure that no previous information is associated with new deals. 🙂 

Thank you again for your help and cooperation. Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this matter!

Best,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaMac,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please share specific examples (through screenshots, deal names, etc.) so that I can investigate this further? 

Additionally, do you mind confirming that the issue is occurring across multiple browsers, through an incognito window, and after clearing your cache and cookies? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

Yes, we are.. 

Here is one where the correspondence was automatically assigned to three deals except for the one that it should have been associated with. I can delete the other ones but I am not getting an option to associate it to another deal..

Capture.png

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Here is another example of a deal I have no idea what is going on with because it is cluttered with messages referring to other deals.

1.PNG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaMac,

Based on what I am seeing, it looks like the deals and records associated with that email could be connected to the contact through the company record. If the email was originated on the company record, the person sending the email would have the option to associate the email with the deals that the company is associated with.

Can you please confirm with the user sending the emails whether the emails are being sent from the company record vs. the contact record. If you can provide screenshots of where the emails are being sent, that would be great! 

In regards to the threading behavior, if the emails are replies to the same conversation, it is expected behavior for them to log to the same chain. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, 

Emails are being sent out of Gmail.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaMac,

Thank you for confirming! 

Can you please share the email headers for the emails that are associating with the deals? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, 

It's happening on every single deal for a company that has existing correspondance with us. The deals just pull all everything that exists on that account into them. 

You're welcome to call me for further explanation.

Please let me know if you'd like to do that.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaMac,

Thank you for responding. I understand your frustrations regarding this matter and I am excited to partner together to find the root of this issue, and provide actionable next steps! 

The Community is the support channel best equipped to help users without a subscription that includes HubSpot Technical Support, so working through this channel (including direct message if needed) is going to be the best way forward. Additionally, if other users experience this issue going forward, the steps we work through here can help them going forward. 

If you can send along additional examples of contacts where this is happening, as well as the email headers, that would be great! Again, if the information is private, please feel free to direct message it to me.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Please see the following example of a brand new deal with a brand new contact, both created two minutes ago. Immediately when it opens the deal records of correspondence for a  completely different deal/contact combination is pulled into this deal (all the correspondence under a different contact and deal is automatically being associated with the brand new deal that has absolutely nothing to do with the one that was just now created under a completely different contact name and deal name). This happens automatically. What is the reason that it would automatically assume that this brand new deal is associated with a contact that was not part of it in the first place? 

example.PNG

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Again, brand new deal just created and has a ton of correspondence from other things on it. Automatically.

again.PNG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JessicaMac,

Thank you for providing the additional information and screenshots! I appreciate it! 

The emails that are coming in look to be associated with contacts who are also associated with the company that the deal is associated with. So for the first example, the additional emails are from contacts who are associated with Raytheon. This is due to a setting within the deals tool, which enables you to decide what amount of information you want associated with the deal. For more information I wanted to share this resource which walks through the setting in greater detail.

I would recommend turning the check box off going forward, as this will ensure that no previous information is associated with new deals. 🙂 

Thank you again for your help and cooperation. Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this matter!

Best,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
JessicaMac
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for explaining that! Our system was automatically set this way, and we had no clue what was happening. After trying solution for a bit our system is working much better.

Thanks again.

0 Upvotes