CRM

Stijn
Participant

IP country

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm using the IP Country property to fill our own custom Country property using a workflow. But sometimes I get an error: 

• The contact property couldn't be copied. The record doesn't have this property or the property doesn't have a value. 

Is it possible there is a delay in the creation of the IP Country when a contact is created? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Tyler-Tegen
Solution
Participant

IP country

SOLVE

Hey Stijn,

I can't see the records you're enrolling into the workflow, but my guess is that the "IP Country" field is empty for those records.  If a lead didn't come in via a hubspot form, your CRM likely hasn't had a chance to identify their I.P. address and therefore their country.

Some alternatives to consider:

• An enrichment tool that pulls from their company domain (think Clearbit, Zoom Info, etc)
  • If you have their phone numbers, you can map specific area codes to countries using a workflow and the Phone number "Starts with" logic.  This would require proper phone number formatting as well.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
GDSolutions
Top Contributor

IP country

SOLVE

We collect incoming Lead information using a bonafide HubSpot form and the ip country property for most of the countries of the world are captured ... except for the United States of America. Does anyone have an explanation for this phenomenon?  We are working from Israel.

0 Upvotes
Tyler-Tegen
Solution
Participant

IP country

SOLVE

Hey Stijn,

I can't see the records you're enrolling into the workflow, but my guess is that the "IP Country" field is empty for those records.  If a lead didn't come in via a hubspot form, your CRM likely hasn't had a chance to identify their I.P. address and therefore their country.

Some alternatives to consider:

• An enrichment tool that pulls from their company domain (think Clearbit, Zoom Info, etc)
  • If you have their phone numbers, you can map specific area codes to countries using a workflow and the Phone number "Starts with" logic.  This would require proper phone number formatting as well.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

0 Upvotes