CRM

smk

IGNORE - SOLVED -- Something's changed...? How do I associate products with deals now?

SOLVE

Something's changed...? How do I associate products with deals now?

It used to be that when looking at a deal, the right panel offered a link to add products to it.  That link is now gone.

What's up?  How do I do this now?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
smk
Solution

IGNORE - SOLVED -- Something's changed...? How do I associate products with deals now?

SOLVE

Apologies - I found it.  Add Line Items.  

Thanks, all.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for letting us know @smk 🙂

Happy Friday

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
smk
Solution

SOLVE

Apologies - I found it.  Add Line Items.  

Thanks, all.

JGanter

SOLVE

Hey SMK, where did you find it? Wondering how I can associate a product with a deal. For some reason the product section doesn't show at all in my deals view.

Any suggestion would be great.

Jo

TEdwards4
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jo

Hope you don't mind me asking the question - did you ever get a response to your question?

I'm a new user just setting up hubspot and can't find a way to show product in the deal creation area - seems such a basic thing to do, but I can't find a way to associate the two together.

Did you find a way around this?  Would appreciate some pointers if you don't mind

Thanks

Tracy

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TEdwards4,

Welcome to the Community!

It is currently not possible to associate line items (products) with deals during the deal creation process. 

That being said though, I wanted to share the options for associating line items and deals in HubSpot: 

- Import/associate line items and deals (help article for reference).

- Manually (add line item to a deal) 

- Via an API: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/line-items

I would encourage you to upvote these related ideas and comment in the idea thread to show your support for this feature request:

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
TEdwards4
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much for coming back to me.

I would have thought having the line item inserted at Deal creation should almost be mandatory as this drives the forcasting for MMR.  Without associating a line item to the deal, you can't do MMR forecasting!