CRM

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

IF / Then Branch - Based on HubSpot team? (Use case explained inside)

SOLVE

Use Case: 

• I am attempting to log the business development reps name that worked a lead before it became a deal.
  • When a new lead is created the BDR is assigned with lead rotation as the contact and company owner.
  • I have a BDR property that I would like to populate only if the contact owner is on the BDR team. 

Questions: 

• I'm trying to automate updating this field with workflows and have hit a roadblock. Is it not possible to do an IF/THEN branch with teams?
  • It seems as though I can only select the specific users which is okay for today but terrible if someone on the team leaves or we continue to hire new BDR's. It just makes it sloppy to go update the workflows. 
  • Any best practices out there?

Thanks in advance for the input Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster 

No best practices to share I'm afriad, but two ideas:

• There is a default contact property called HubSpot Team, which is the team the contact owner is in - would this let you target your BDRs?
  • If not, could you just run this workflow the first time the contact owner is known (with some other controls)?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

HubSpotMaster
Solution

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender I setup a workflow and am getting an error that says "Source Property Doesn't Exist on the Object

I Confirmed the Following:

I have a property on Company and Deal called Business Development Representative that are both HubSpot User types.

Added a few screenshots here, not sure if you've seen this?

Here is the error. I checked both properties and they Hubspot user properties so was surprised it keeps creating an errorHere is the error. I checked both properties and they Hubspot user properties so was surprised it keeps creating an errorThis is the workflow I createdThis is the workflow I created

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster
Solution

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender  I have identified the problem. My source property was blank so there was nothing to copy Smiley Indifferent

Thanks for your initial support

-Adam

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster 

No best practices to share I'm afriad, but two ideas:

• There is a default contact property called HubSpot Team, which is the team the contact owner is in - would this let you target your BDRs?
  • If not, could you just run this workflow the first time the contact owner is known (with some other controls)?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
HubSpotMaster
Solution

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender I setup a workflow and am getting an error that says "Source Property Doesn't Exist on the Object

I Confirmed the Following:

I have a property on Company and Deal called Business Development Representative that are both HubSpot User types.

Added a few screenshots here, not sure if you've seen this?

Here is the error. I checked both properties and they Hubspot user properties so was surprised it keeps creating an errorHere is the error. I checked both properties and they Hubspot user properties so was surprised it keeps creating an errorThis is the workflow I createdThis is the workflow I created

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster
Solution

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender  I have identified the problem. My source property was blank so there was nothing to copy Smiley Indifferent

Thanks for your initial support

-Adam

HubSpotMaster

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender Thanks for the idea. I'll let you know if I get it to work

0 Upvotes