CRM

fspestana

I need a way to set a "last deal create date" field in Company properties

SOLVE

Hi people,

Hubspot provides us a native field called "first deal created date" who is populated automatically.

For my project I need an extra field also in Company properties called "last deal created date", where basically I'll populate with the date of the last deal associated to that company.

I know that's no native field populated automatically with that info...

I have an idea to create a custom field in Company properties that is updated via workflow when each deal is created with "Created date" (deal).

My problem is I'm not able to find a trigger like "each time a Company is associated" or something like this.

Anyone could give a hand with it?

I'll be grateful. Tks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fspestana,

With a small change, this should work. The workflow has to wait until it finds a company associated with the deal – only then can it start. One way to accomplish this is by adding an enrollment trigger for (company) "Create date is known":

karstenkoehler_0-1642570641025.png

Now the workflow should start once an association between deal and company is established, not earlier.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
fspestana

SOLVE

Or, if I find a way to make the association of a company mandatory, it should also work... I can't find a way to do it also

0 Upvotes
fspestana

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, it was very helpful, but I have a problem with this workflow.

When a salesman associate a company directly from creation screen, it works.

Unfortunately, when a salesman associate a company to a deal when this one was already created, "last created deal date" won't be populated.

For this second scenario, I can't find a solution 😞

Do you have some idea to solve it?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fspestana,

With a small change, this should work. The workflow has to wait until it finds a company associated with the deal – only then can it start. One way to accomplish this is by adding an enrollment trigger for (company) "Create date is known":

karstenkoehler_0-1642570641025.png

Now the workflow should start once an association between deal and company is established, not earlier.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

yyagmurnur
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Dear Karsten,

I was trying to do it your way but still could not find the Last Deal Create Date property although I triggered the same properties in your example with a deal enrollment trigger. 

Could you please support me on why I can not see the Last Deal Create Date property?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @fspestana,

This can be accomplished with (and requires) a deal-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1642485663451.png

Workflows can only copy to another object, not from – hence a deal-based workflow would be needed.

As new deals are created, the workflow would enroll them and simply overwrite the previous Last deal created date.

Keep in mind: This workflow would not populate the property with historic information and should only be switched on for deals that meet the trigger criteria after switching the workflow on. (If you want to also have the historic information in the new property, you'd have to export all deals, perform some Excel magic and re-import the create date of the deal created last into company properties.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler