CRM

Vyteo
Mitglied

I keep getting contacts with multiple email addresses added to the same contact

lösung

I keep finding contacts that aren't created correctly. They'll have a single name, and then an ever growing list of email addresses associated with them. When I send emails instead of creating new contacts it's adding the new email addresses to an exisiting contact. I just delete them. 

I used to use the HubSpot integration chrome plugin. Now I just use a plugin that simply adds the bcc email address to all outgoing emails in the hopes that it will stop. It's still happening.

It happens primarily with inbound contacts from forms on my site.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
gepot
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

The cases where we've experienced these issues were as follows:

1. Contacts used the same device to fill out a form, where the form had cookies enabled.   We used this form at events to capture contacts at booths.  Disable cookie tracking for such forms.
  2. Contacts were forwarded emails with tracked links, then filled in forms on the web site.  The tracked links fool Hubspot into thinking it was the original recipient of the email, and then mashes the contacts together.  The only way to avoid this is to not forward contacts emails with tracked links.
  3. Although not confirmed, it may happen that keeping the information of a contact open on the Gmail information panel may confuse Hubspot when sending emails out.  Close this panel before contacting other people.

Hope this helps.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
7 Antworten
gepot
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

The cases where we've experienced these issues were as follows:

1. Contacts used the same device to fill out a form, where the form had cookies enabled.   We used this form at events to capture contacts at booths.  Disable cookie tracking for such forms.
  2. Contacts were forwarded emails with tracked links, then filled in forms on the web site.  The tracked links fool Hubspot into thinking it was the original recipient of the email, and then mashes the contacts together.  The only way to avoid this is to not forward contacts emails with tracked links.
  3. Although not confirmed, it may happen that keeping the information of a contact open on the Gmail information panel may confuse Hubspot when sending emails out.  Close this panel before contacting other people.

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
mld20005
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hello!  We have had this problem as well, and it is definitely due to cookies on forms.  We have since removed cookies but is there a way to idenfify contacts that have multiple emails associated.  I would like to clean these up if possible. I tried downloading all contact emails, but only the primary shows up.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @mld20005 

You are able to export the property history "e-mail" and with the content identify all the email that was associated with the contact.

This article here explains more about it.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

mld20005
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi there @PamCotton ,

Thank you very much for responding - I really appreciate it!   However, I dont' think it solved my problem.  I am trying to idenfity all Contact Records that have multiple emails associated - a "Primary" and one or more "non-Primary".  By downloading History, I believe it is showing me when  "Primary" address has changed.  I"m more interested in finding teh "non-Primary" which don't actually have their own "field".  When I try to export all contacts with Emails, only the Primary appears, the "non-Primary" do not.  Do you have any more advice on this?  

And thank you again!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @mld20005 

There is a difference in exporting the contacts with contains emails and exporting the property history inside Settings > properties.

If the emails were updated in the primary, it will be saved in the history all the past emails associated with this contact before were updated to the most recent one.

This is a way currently to identify in bulk contacts who had their primary email updated.

If you have another property for email, the same steps are recommended for this property too, exporting the property history will be the best choice.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Vyteo
Mitglied

lösung

In my situation I think it's caused by

"Contacts used the same device to fill out a form, where the form had cookies enabled."

I know one person submits to my site on behalf of others who'd like to contact me. I just turned off the lead capture on forms option in HubSpot. They will be added when I bcc them in the replies, which also prevents junk contacts from being added.

Will have to see if it works, but it makes sense that it should. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
umar
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi, 

We are collecting signups using a Landing page on our website which is integrated back with Hubspot. It create contact record properly. However, in certain cases, we are wondering why multiple email addresses are getting associated with a single contact?

Please advice 

Thanks!

Umar

0 Upvotes