CRM

MMore

I cannot make a dropdown selection a default within a property.

SOLVE

My company primarily focuses on Hospital & Health Care however we do have business lines that touch other industries.  For efficiency I would like Hospital & Health Care as the default selection for the Industry Property

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMore,

Do you want "Hospital & Health Care" to the default value for all records or do you simply want it to show right at the top for easy selection?

In the first case, you could set up a simple workflow like this one below. You'd enroll records where the property value is not known and set it to "Hospital & Health Care". This would set all empty fields to this value. Here's an example for a contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1640759411537.png

In the second case, you would navigate to Settings > Properties and find your industry property. When you edit the property, you can choose the order of the values and make sure that "Hospital & Health Care" is right at the top:

karstenkoehler_1-1640759491919.png

Keep in mind that this will also affect the order of the values in your new forms. (You can still change the order in the forms editor.)

Outside of these two options, you can't make a value a default for a property.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MMore

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten! This helped!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMore,

Do you want "Hospital & Health Care" to the default value for all records or do you simply want it to show right at the top for easy selection?

In the first case, you could set up a simple workflow like this one below. You'd enroll records where the property value is not known and set it to "Hospital & Health Care". This would set all empty fields to this value. Here's an example for a contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1640759411537.png

In the second case, you would navigate to Settings > Properties and find your industry property. When you edit the property, you can choose the order of the values and make sure that "Hospital & Health Care" is right at the top:

karstenkoehler_1-1640759491919.png

Keep in mind that this will also affect the order of the values in your new forms. (You can still change the order in the forms editor.)

Outside of these two options, you can't make a value a default for a property.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes