I cannot add phone numbers to contacts

RB

When I go to add a contact to the system it will not allow me to add anything beyond the name, email, and title. 

My co-worker does not have this issue but they did not click on the new Beta version to try.  

16 Replies 16
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @RB could you confirm which user permissions and roles you are set up with?

0 Upvotes
MC3

I cannot add phone numbers to contacts, 
my role is super admin 
can anyone help?
Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @MC3 ,

If you are still experiencing this issue can you please share screenshots of where you are getting stuck? 

Additionally, can you please confirm this issue occurs across multiple browsers, through an incognito window, and after clearing your cache?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MC3

Thanks for getting back to me @jennysowyrda 
I use Chrome browser, when I create contact on the descktop, when I start writing the name the other options like mobile number appears. 
But if I import from gmail it imports only the name and email no phone numbers.

On my phone "Oppo" Android system ,that doesn't work even if I add the name last name and email, so I cannot add a phone number 
Thanks
please find attached the screenshot Hubspot create contact.jpg

0 Upvotes
MC3

Thanks for getting back to me @jennysowyrda 
I use Chrome browser, when I create contact on the descktop, when I start writing the name the other options like mobile number appears. 
But if I import from gmail it imports only the name and email no phone numbers.

On my phone "Oppo" Android system ,that doesn't work even if I add the name last name and email, so I cannot add a phone number. Please find the attached screenshot
Thanks, 
 Hubspot create contact.jpg

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @MC3,

The fields that populate on the desktop should also populate in the app when creating contacts. If you are seeing something different, can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing in both scenarios? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
HeatherC

Has this issue been resolved?  I can't add a phone number to a contact either, from my laptop.  The category "phone" isn't even available.  Though, "fax" is available.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @HeatherC,

Can you please share screenshots of what you are seeing when adding contacts through the desktop? Additionally, can you confirm other users are experiencing this issue? 

The more screenshots, information and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist! 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
hsyam

I'm having the same issue - from the list, I select preview, and the contact comes up with all of my properties/categories.  However it's only saving the first name, last name and email.  if i populate the phone number or notes section it doesn't save.  

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hsyam,

Do you mind sharing more about your current set up? 

The more information, screenshot and examples you can provide the better the Community can assist!

Could you also share your user permissions?

Thanks!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
hsyam

I'm happy to share, I'm the owner of the account - so my permissions are full.  I don't fully understand what you're asking for -but here's where I'm working, from the list i select a contact, & i hover over their name and select "preview" then it opens (see image 2) I use the pencils as an indicator i can edit - I do, update phone number, etc. & nothing saves.  in this photo i click on "preview" by her namein this photo i click on "preview" by her namei edit here - it doesn't savei edit here - it doesn't save

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hsyam,

Thanks for providing the screenshots.
Could you try editing the number from within the contact record and not the preview?

Does the same thing happen for other properties that you want to edit?

Could you try it in different browsers and an incognito window?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

0 Upvotes
BSPSales

I have the same issue. When I input a phone number in 'Creat Contact' it doesn't save to the contact profile.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @BSPSales ,

Could you please confirm what @JessicaH asked in this previous post?

Being:

Could you try editing the number from within the contact record and not the preview?

Does the same thing happen for other properties that you want to edit?

Could you try it in different browsers and an incognito window?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
BSPSales

Hi All,

I found that the issue was the input was 'mobile number' when creating and 'phone number' when viewing.

I have changed the settings.

Thanks all.

PamCotton
Community Manager

Hi @BSPSales,

Thank you for sharing with us your solution!

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !