CRM

Bryce
Top Contributor

I can't edit my contact's email address

SOLVE

I can't correct the email address of a contact as the email address is the same as the address of a contact I have just deleted.

"(the email address) is already a contact in your database" - but it's not in my database as I deleted it.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

For all users experiencing this issue: please confirm you have deleted the other contact and cleared your cache before adding or updating the email address of the new contact. If there are any contacts in your portal with this email address, you will receive an error, however if you have deleted the contact, you should not have an issue. 

First step: delete old contact record

Second step: clear cache

Third step: add new email address to the contact record and save.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bryce

To confirm, you deleted the original contact record that had this email address? 

If you can send along a link to the contact who you would like to have the email address associated with as well as the email address itself (either here your through a direct message), I can investigate this further. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for fixing it for me 🙂

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

For all users experiencing this issue: please confirm you have deleted the other contact and cleared your cache before adding or updating the email address of the new contact. If there are any contacts in your portal with this email address, you will receive an error, however if you have deleted the contact, you should not have an issue. 

First step: delete old contact record

Second step: clear cache

Third step: add new email address to the contact record and save.

0 Upvotes
Bryce
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny

PM sent.

Bryce

0 Upvotes