I am very new and confused in setting up my CRM

Highlighted

Can someone tell me once I set up a contact does the CRM tool automatically send an email to opt in or opt out? I would like people to confirm that right a way or is this some thing I need to do manually. Also is there some documentation about Legal Permissions to send emails. I have tried to sent an email once I set up a contact and that is fine but then when I want to send a mailing it all fails. So I want to make sure when I set it up I set it up properly. 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @jayco,

How your contacts are communicated with within HubSpot will depend on the settings you have within your account. 

In general, manually adding a contact to your account will not send the contact an email. 

For more information on how to configure GDPR settings within your portal, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Esteemed Advisor

@jayco I am confused. I add contacts to HubSpot that I am already in contact with or who expect to be contacted by me.  Are you using the Marketing platform and are looking for subscribers to opt in?

0 Upvotes