CRM

JRGies
Participant

I am trying to create a list whose members are determined by the State where the company is located

SOLVE

I have gone to Contacts> Lists

I have selected company properties

I have selected the State as a porpery

This however does not allow me to specify a specifice state.

What am I missing please

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

I am trying to create a list whose members are determined by the State where the company is located

SOLVE

Hi @JRGies 

By default, the Company State/Region property is a single line text, meaning you need to know what you are looking for any type it in when using it segment a list. After you type a value, click Create option to add it to your list criteria. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JRGies 

If you are on the free version, you don't have access to lists so are presumably creating a contact view. Contact views dont have access to company properties, meaning you are probably using the Contact State/Region property, which is probably empty. 

Could this be the explanation? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JRGies 

By default, the Company State/Region property is a single line text, meaning you need to know what you are looking for any type it in when using it segment a list. After you type a value, click Create option to add it to your list criteria. 

Hope this helps.

JRGies
Participant

SOLVE

That is the way I thought it would work.

Once i select state it should have me tell it waht state. When i try to "add"  I get the no symbol (circle with a slash)

Once I select State/Region all of my options are greyed out. 

I have tried to say equal to But that does not allow me to say equal to what.

I am on a free version if that mattters

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JRGies 

If you are on the free version, you don't have access to lists so are presumably creating a contact view. Contact views dont have access to company properties, meaning you are probably using the Contact State/Region property, which is probably empty. 

Could this be the explanation?