I HATE the new menu!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I sent this to support, who told me to post it here:

I'm sorry, I know you think it's an improvement, but I HATE your new menu!!! It's going to slow me down a lot:

I switch between contacts and companies all the time, and that was a single click on the menu bar before, because both companies and contacts were both there. Now, I have to drop down the Contacts menu and then click on which one I want, which is stupid, who would think to look for companies under contacts anyway? When I wanted Tasks, those were right on the menu bar too, I don't even know where those got buried on this new menu, now I gotta go hunt them down.... 😞

PLEASE give us the option to use the old menu, don't hurt your user's productivity!!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ditto!

I have also emailed support to tell them. I can never understand how software upgrades that make life more difficult get the all-clear. Surely at some point during testing somebody said 'Er guys, you do realise this will make navigation more diffucult than before?'. So either nobody noticed (can't believe that), or they did but didn't tell anyone (can't believe that either), or they did and the response was 'yeah so what?' (pretty sure that wouldn't happen). So I'm struggling to figure out why this was done. 

Please can you put it back to how it was before? 🙂

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @CarlosM and @pgraham,

Thanks for posting this. I too struggled with the new navigation when we first rolled it out. There was definitely an adjustment period where I had to relearn where things were located in HubSpot, and build up some new muscle memory. After familiarizing myself with the new navigation however, I couldn't imagine going back.

Our product team did extensive user testing and customer interviews when determining what the new navigation would look like. Now that it's the new default in HubSpot, we're continuing to collect feedback on the new experience. Thank you both for sharing your own feedback with us.

Just in case you haven't already seen it, I did want to pass along our guide to the new navigation. I found this super helpful as I familiarized myself with the new tool.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @agirard

Thank you for replying, it is appreciated. Well I have been using it for around a week and I still don't like it. I can't imagine that changing because it takes longer to navigate where I want to get  to. That will not change with practice - I will always have to select a drop down menu whereas before I didn't have to. 

A change that makes a task harder/longer is not an improvement so I'm really at a loss to see how it has been deemed so. 

I guess we are stuck with it then but I think you'll get a lot of complaints.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I must agree with what Carlos said, I frequently switch between contacts, companies, and tasks, and the fact that navigation is now buried under layers of menus is NOT ever going to be something that makes my day easier.  I may get faster over time clicking on multiple menus vs one, but I will still have to do multiple clicks vs how it used to work.

Why not give users a choice of menus, and then see how many use the old vs the new, and let the numbers decide?  It seems better to give your customers what they want, rather than force a methodology on them...