CRM

RyanR

Hubspot why is company field blank on contact list

SOLVE

I have been adding companies manually and then from the company page adding new contacts. The problem I am having is that when the "Contacts" page is selected in a list view, all of the companies are blank. Am I missing something?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
robsobers
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

The company name field lives both on the company record and the contact record. It probably should sync (kinda like lifecycle stage does), but it doesn't. I've seen this complaint before. It'd seem logical that creating a contact from a company would auto-populate the company name, but it doesn't.

That said, whenever I'm looking for a contact's company, I never use the company name that is attached to the contact reocrd. I always look to the parent company entity.

Instead of:

contact.company_name

I'm looking at:

contact.company.company_name

Whether this be in personalization fields, reports, etc.

-Rob

https://hubspotcourse.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
robsobers
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

The company name field lives both on the company record and the contact record. It probably should sync (kinda like lifecycle stage does), but it doesn't. I've seen this complaint before. It'd seem logical that creating a contact from a company would auto-populate the company name, but it doesn't.

That said, whenever I'm looking for a contact's company, I never use the company name that is attached to the contact reocrd. I always look to the parent company entity.

Instead of:

contact.company_name

I'm looking at:

contact.company.company_name

Whether this be in personalization fields, reports, etc.

-Rob

https://hubspotcourse.com

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@RyanR There are two properties that can be confusing. There is the company name and associated company. If you try using that property instead, is the data filled in? 

0 Upvotes
TMortensen
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Having this same issue. @nicolebrenner , the associated company field is grayed out when trying to add to a report. Any fixes on this?

MDC_PACE
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same concern - why is the associated company field grayed out?

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MDC_PACE thank you for your question 😊

Could you please provide me more details about this and a screenshot where you see it, so I can investigate ?

Thanks,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes