Hubspot web form integration scripts slowing WordPress website speed drastically

SOLVE
DCDSK

Hi All, 

When integrating Hubspot web forms with my WordPress site, doing so has drastically slowed the load speed of my site, especially when viewed on mobile browsers (adding 11 seconds to the load time, which makes using it untenable unless we can fix the issue). 

We believe the issues is that the scripts which generate the web forms can't be deferred. Is there a solution to deferring the form scripts, that will help speed up the load time of the site before the Hubspot forms are loaded?

Or are there other items we can try?  Have scoured through the community, found a few somewhat similar issues but those fixes did not help. 

Thank you! 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @DCDSK 

Haven't tried WP Rocket yet. 

We host all our sites on WP Engine so we get a good head start. This link gets you 3 months free hosting if you want to try it (yes, we're a WP Engine Agency too).

We have susbscription for WPMU and so I tried their Humingbird Pro Plugin and was very disappointed, uninstalled. The Smush Pro is worthwhile but their free version isn't very free at all. Also, I've used – and really impressed with – EWWW for image compression.

So then I moved to Autoptimize and got great results on GT Metrix.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike_Eastwood

Hi @DCDSK 

Completely agree – the HubSpot Scripts aren't fully optimised for WordPress.

I've had good results with the Autoptimize WordPress Plugin.

BEWARE the plugin has some agressive (in a good way) compression techniques.

Please, please, please backup before you install the plugin. And, make sure you test everything thoroughly after tweaking the settings.

Have fun

Mike

0 Upvotes
DCDSK

Hi @Mike_Eastwood,

Thank you for the advise. However, we already have WP Rocket installed which is kind of the same as what autooptimize does.

Would you think it will make a difference using autooptimize over WP-Rocket?

Thanks in advance!

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Hi @DCDSK 

Haven't tried WP Rocket yet. 

We host all our sites on WP Engine so we get a good head start. This link gets you 3 months free hosting if you want to try it (yes, we're a WP Engine Agency too).

We have susbscription for WPMU and so I tried their Humingbird Pro Plugin and was very disappointed, uninstalled. The Smush Pro is worthwhile but their free version isn't very free at all. Also, I've used – and really impressed with – EWWW for image compression.

So then I moved to Autoptimize and got great results on GT Metrix.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

kennethbrenes
Contributor

Same problem here, question: instead of use the embed HS forms, might be a good idea to use the HS API forms?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

Hi @kennethbrenes 

Can you share your website URL? (here or in a private message).

I will run it through Page Speed Insights and see if I can help you.

Cheers

Mike