CRM

sebmi
Membro

Hubspot owner for a contact change automatically to the enterprise' hubspot owner ?

resolver

hello,

Someone could explain me why when I saved a new contact in Hubspot, this contact is automatically reaffected to the Enterprise hubspot owner 

in fact, we would like to have different contact' hubspot owner in a same enterprise. 

Also, what could be the solution? At this time, we need to save the a newcontact. Then, if the enterprise is already attributed to someone else, the system will send a email to my colleague to inform that a new contact is attributed to him. Then I need to change manually the hubspot owner in the contact form.

What could be the solution to not affect new contact to the hubspot owner of an enterprise ? To suppress the hubspot owner for enterprise? an option to change in paramater?

Please help if you have a solution / idea?

many thanks

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Hubspot owner for a contact change automatically to the enterprise' hubspot owner ?

resolver

Hi @sebmi

It sounds like you have 'Sync record ownership between contacts and companies' turned on in your CRM. Turning it off will stop HubSpot from assigning the Company owner to the Contacts when they are created. 

You can check this setting and turn it off by referring to this article: How can I sync ownership between contacts and companies?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @sebmi

It sounds like you have 'Sync record ownership between contacts and companies' turned on in your CRM. Turning it off will stop HubSpot from assigning the Company owner to the Contacts when they are created. 

You can check this setting and turn it off by referring to this article: How can I sync ownership between contacts and companies?

Hope this helps.

BMarney
Participante

resolver

Just to confirm: When I enter a contact into hubspot and another producer already has a contact with the same @domain.com, my contact is automatically reassigned to the other person and I'm not notified.

The change oulined above - will this fix this issue?  Are there any other repercussions of doing this?

0 Avaliação positiva
Jeffb
Colaborador(a)

resolver

It seems like this feature does not work in the way it is described to work. In the hubspot portal, it does not say anywhere that when a new contact is created for an existing company, it will change the contact ownership to the company owner automatically. It only says that the contact will be automatically associated with the company. This suggests that it will create a link to show the connection, but it does not say anywhere that it will change the contact's ownership after creation. It does say:

Sync record ownership between contacts and companies.

Assign ownership of unowned companies to the owner of the first contact at that company. 
It also says:
Automatically create and associate companies with contacts.
Automatically associate contacts with companies based on a contact's email address and a company's domain.

I am fine with this, but nowhere does it say it will re-assign a contact away from the contact creator after the contact record is created. This is frankly illogical as you can have multiple people dealing with contacts from the same company that collaborate on different things. I want contact records to be automatically linked to their company based on email domain, but I definitely do not want to see ownership of the contact record changed.
0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @Jeffb

I agree that the behaviour of this feature is not totally clear in app - this knowledge base document explains it better: 

How can I sync ownership between contacts and companies?

Basically, if you turn this option on, it is assumed that you want contact and company owners to be in sync most of the time - so, if the company owner changes, all contacts will change too. However, you can manually override this at the contact level - changing it away from the company owner will not result in it being overwritten back. Finally, if the company owner is blank, creating an associatied contact with an owner will set the company owner to match. 

If these options don't work, your best bet is to leave the setting turned off and tackle ownership another way. 

0 Avaliação positiva
PB_at_Jellyfish
Membro

resolver

(never mind, I figured this out)

0 Avaliação positiva