CRM

LMcTavish

Hubspot not tracking email opens gmail

SOLVE

When I send emails from Gmail address (in gmail) the email is being tracked in Hubspot but will only indicate sent - never changes to open. Does anyone know why this is? Clients are definitely opening the emails. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LMcTavishHubSpot CRM syncs seamlessly with Gmail. You can log emails sent from Gmail into HubSpot CRM, track opens and clicks, and see every detail from your CRM without leaving your inbox. However, for the email tracking to work, you need to have the Hubspot Sales extension added to your Chrome and grant the permission or access from your Gmail account while sending the email from there. To send a tracked email from Gmail, perfrom the following:

1. Log in to your Gmail account.
  2. Compose a new email and fill the approriate fields (recipient, subject line, etc.)
  3. Select the Track checkbox (This is very important as it allows Hubspot to track your emails)
  4. Click Send.

You can check this resource for more information

Let me know if this reply helps. Thank you!

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LMcTavish ,

Are you using any sales extension? 
If not this might eb a server error.
If yes, have you Selected the Track Email checkbox in the Message ribbon?
Sharing a few articles here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/track-and-log-emails-with-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-des...
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/troubleshoot-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-desktop-add-in#t...

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LMcTavishHubSpot CRM syncs seamlessly with Gmail. You can log emails sent from Gmail into HubSpot CRM, track opens and clicks, and see every detail from your CRM without leaving your inbox. However, for the email tracking to work, you need to have the Hubspot Sales extension added to your Chrome and grant the permission or access from your Gmail account while sending the email from there. To send a tracked email from Gmail, perfrom the following:

1. Log in to your Gmail account.
  2. Compose a new email and fill the approriate fields (recipient, subject line, etc.)
  3. Select the Track checkbox (This is very important as it allows Hubspot to track your emails)
  4. Click Send.

You can check this resource for more information

Let me know if this reply helps. Thank you!

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SWeisinger0

SOLVE

I am experiencing this as well. I used it for years on another gsuite account and this one will not work. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SWeisinger0,

Thanks for reaching out!

To ensure that your question is seen by all of our community members, I would encourage you to create a new post on the Community.

Please make sure to include a full description of the issue you are running into with Gmail and any pertinent screenshots in the new post for the Community to better assist with the next steps.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !