CRM

HSeymour

Hubspot email signature generator not working in Outlook

Hi there,

I'm trying to copy and paste the email signature I've made in Hubspot into my Microsoft Outlook email app on Mac. The signature copies fine, but when I try to send emails the social icons are cutoff halfway and distorted (see screenshot attached below).

I've tried finding the html files for the signatures and editing them manually, but to no avail. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks very much!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 12.17.28 pm.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Vaisakh

Yeah I am also facing the issue and couldn't find a solution to it yet.HS Email Signature Issue.png

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @HSeymour .

I understand that social icons are cut off in the email. Could you try the following troubleshooting steps and see if that resolves the issue?

1. Update your browser to the latest version
  2. Try using a different web browser to create your signature. Some web browsers don't copy the formatting along with the text and this changes with each update of the browsers.
  3. Some email clients require you to copy the source code vs. the email signature itself for uploading. If your signature isn't displaying properly, try copying and uploading the source code instead

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
GBasson

This has not worked for me

The formatting is not copying along with the signature. 
I have cleared my caches, tried Chrome, Edge and Incognito mode and nothing works.

If I select email to colleagues the email is blank so that doesn't work either.

Please advise. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
taropaa
Contributor

Hi, I can second that. 
The issue is not just Outlook specific. Different email clients will display tables differently. The hubspot signature generator uses the cell background to fill in the color and then a png with transparency where that background is supposed to show through. In a perfect world that would work but in other browsers/clients/systems it gets messed up 90% of the time. I hope the dev team that built it will be able to have another look at it and maybe come up with a better solution, because it is a very useful tool otherwise 🙂