CRM

WertzDesigns
Participant

Hubspot creates duplicate companies when uploading excel file

SOLVE

Hello,

I am uploading a data into the CRM and when I do so it creates duplicate companies vs updating the company data that is already present.  How do I upload data that just adds or overwrites exsisting data that is already present?

Thanks

Chad

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @WertzDesigns,

I wanted to share this resource which outlines how to deduplicate companies during an import: 

When a new company is added through import, HubSpot looks at the Company domain name property value to deduplicate companies. If a company with the same company domain name already exists in your account, the new company information will be added to the existing company record. If you do not include this property in your import, each row of your import file will be imported as a new company record.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @WertzDesigns,

I wanted to share this resource which outlines how to deduplicate companies during an import: 

When a new company is added through import, HubSpot looks at the Company domain name property value to deduplicate companies. If a company with the same company domain name already exists in your account, the new company information will be added to the existing company record. If you do not include this property in your import, each row of your import file will be imported as a new company record.

Thank you,
Jenny

WertzDesigns
Participant

SOLVE

Jenny this makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you for taking the time provide me with this solution. Greatly appreciated.