Hubspot ZOHO import notes issue

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am migrating from Zoho to Hubspot.  

I have successfully imported both contacts and accounts via CSV upload.

Howeve, I am having issues importing 'notes' previously associated to each contact in ZOHO.  Issue is, the ZOHO extrat only includes a 'contact' account number (ie ZH_234323) and does not include contact name or email address (asked for my Hubspot import tool) for each note.  I did include the contact account number when importing contacts.  Can someone please advise me as to how I can imort contact's 'notes' using the contact account number to match up elements.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Partner

Did you try to import both files at the same time with this method:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/import-objects#import-two-files-for-association

?

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
twitterlinkedinSchedule a call
0 Upvotes
Highlighted

This is normal. Contact ID is a contact property not a Note property.

Select "Don't import column" and you should be good to go

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Hi @GDT 

Congratulations on moving to HubSpot. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

With your Zoho contacts export file, you should have a column with the Zoho ID for each contact.

You can create an import file using that file and your notes export file. It takes a bit of work within Excel but having a matching field in both files; you should be able to figure something out.

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @louischausse 

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I actually do have the Zoho ID for each contact in the notes excel file.  However, Hubspot isn't letting me use this element to make a match.  How do I designate the Zoho ID as the unique identifier?

Here's what I see on the Hubspot import tool:

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.04.11 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Did you try to import both files at the same time with this method:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/import-objects#import-two-files-for-association

?

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @louischausse I used that method of imort for the first two .csv files I imported - Contacts and Accounts.  I used the Zoho generated number to link of the two files... and it worked perfectly.  Now, I'm attempting to import a 3rd file 'notes' and hubspot is not allowing me to use the 'contacts' zoho number to marry up the two files.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hi @GDT 

Are you importing the 3rd file alone or with at least another file like you did in the first import?

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @louischausse 

Thanks again for getting to me.  It really is very appreciated.

To answer your question, this 3rd file is being imorted alone as there were only 3 files to import.  The first two (accounts and contacts) were imported using the method mentioned in your previous response. Should I consider reimporting the contacts with the associated notes?  Or would this created duplicate contacts?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Yes, that's exactly what I would try. HubSpot will not create a new contact if it recognizes the same email address. (More about this here) https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Export-then-re-import-to-bulk-edit/m-p/177685/highlight/true#M1...).

So, it is important you import a contact file with an "email address column".

Finally, you would have to select the Zoho id as a common column header

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Okay.

Tried that.

When I get to the 'notes' section, it doesn't let me tag the Contact ID.  I was able to tag contact ID on contact import page. 

please see image.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.12.15 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

This is normal. Contact ID is a contact property not a Note property.

Select "Don't import column" and you should be good to go

Louis Chaussé

CEO

Auxilio

lchausse@auxilio.io
auxilio.io
Highlighted
New Contributor

@louischausse looks like it worked!

Thank you so much.

0 Upvotes