CRM

Baba70

Hubspot Scheduled meeting details not retrieved on Google calendar

Hello,

our company schedules physical meetings for our sales representatives and customers.  We have Google calendar connected to Hubspot. Unfortunately, when I schedule a meeting from the Contact Record with the address,  time and date and confirm it, the Google calendar only retrieves time and date, but not the customer address.  Then I copy the meeting to our Shared team calendar (cause Hubspot only allows me to set the meeting on my personal email calendar) I have to either retype the same information on Google calendar adress field, or to fill in the adress bar in "notes", then it is retrieved.  Or just go set all the meetings on Google calendar and not bother with Hubspot?

In both cases it is not intuitive.

Also, is it possible to make changes made on Google calendar connected to the Hubspot account to be retrieved by Hubspot vice versa and update the information?

Do you have any tips for it?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Baba70,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

That is correct, the Google calendar sync will only sync with a user's primary calendar. The expected behaviour when you're scheduling a meeting from HubSpot, however, is that the integration pulls all of the meeting data from HubSpot to your connected Google Calendar. 

Here's an example: 

I created a calendar event in HubSpot:

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 16.43.56.png

This is how the synced meeting looks like in Google Calendar: 

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 16.40.12.png

If this is not the case with your setup, I'd recommend to disconnect the calendar in your HubSpot settings > General > Calendar, log out of HubSpot and back in again and then re-connect the calendar.  

Here is a Knowledge Base Article with more information about the calendar integration. 

I also want to tag a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any advice regarding calendar management: 

hi @webdew@mike-ward, do you have any advice for @Baba70, who would like to connect multiple calendars to HubSpot? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Baba70

Hi, 

I get the exact same result as you showed. Unfortunately, the customer address or any other contact property is not retrieved by Google calendar. I can always type this information in the "attendee description" section, but then I will have to retype it in Google calendar again in its "address" field so it can be used for navigation.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

I see, thank you for the additional information! I can confirm that the integration is working as designed - there currently isn't an option to sync additional information to Google Calendar. The only information that will get synced are meeting attendees, meeting name & meetings notes.

If it would help to have the contacts' addresses in Google Contacts, you can consider using the Google Contacts sync.

Also, you could check the automation that Zapier or automate.io offer to see if you can enrich the meetings data in Google Calendar. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings