CRM

ozgesila
Contributor

Hubspot Salesforce Integration: Picklist Problem

SOLVE

Hello,

We're integrating a Salesforce campaign field between Hubspot Salesforce. However, instead of the campaign names, I can see campaign IDS. I may change the internal names of them from the properties but there are more than 100+ and we want the integration to push the names as well not the  IDS.

Is there any way to fix this without editing the internal values?

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 16.57.32.png

1 Accepted solution
LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

it looks like you may be syncing a Salesforce lookup field to HubSpot. If that's correct, lookup fields show the Name in Salesforce but the ID in HubSpot (think User fields in Salesforce other than 'Owner).

Do you have the field "Salesforce Campaign IDs" on your contacts in HubSpot? I believe that's a native field in the integration that has the front-end value for all campaigns they're in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

it looks like you may be syncing a Salesforce lookup field to HubSpot. If that's correct, lookup fields show the Name in Salesforce but the ID in HubSpot (think User fields in Salesforce other than 'Owner).

Do you have the field "Salesforce Campaign IDs" on your contacts in HubSpot? I believe that's a native field in the integration that has the front-end value for all campaigns they're in.

aus
Participant

SOLVE

I have seen the same behavior @ozgesila describes in the initial post with the SFDC IDs displaying instead of the proper text labels you'd expect.

i am also seeing weird behavior with mismatched picklist values between salesforce and hubspot like this:

2021-03-23-hubspot-salesforce-duplicate-values.png

seems like hubspot and salesforce store different internal values for picklist options which leads to duplicate picklist options (options have the same label in the UI but are duplicated behind the scenes b/c they have different internal API/database values)

Is there a best practice for how to set up the sync to avoid this? 

0 Upvotes
LaurenRyan

SOLVE

@aus  Check your inactive picklist values in Salesforce. HubSpot doesn't see the difference between active/inactive picklist values and will continue to see them as active values and keep adding them to the HS picklist options until deleted. If there is only one set of active picklist values in Salesforce (no inactive values) and this is happening, merge the values that are duplicative and keep the internal value that matches the API name in Salesforce.