Hubspot REALLY slow

Highlighted

Hi All

First post here as I try to evaluate Hubspot. I'm also looking at PipeDrive.

My experience so far has been quite poor. I am finding Hubspot to be really slow, particularly when I go to the Contacts section. It's unuseable. On the other hand PipeDrive is exceptionally fast.

Given that its a new account with only 3 contacts, I wouldn't have thought it should be falling over at this stage!

My internet connection is fine, browser is Chrome, which may be an issue as Edge is faster.

Anyone have any tips or ideas as to the speed issue?

Thanks

21 Replies 21
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello TrialRun,

I've never had an issue with HubSpot being slow. After having used PipeDrive breifly in the past, I think they are two completly different solutions. PipeDrive being sales focused, and HubSpot being great in Marketing in terms of website development, landing pages and as a general CRM.

My recommendations is to weigh up which platform most suits your requirements as everyone is different - I wouldn't judge speed as a factor as of yet.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks. I got some increase in performance by updating Chrome, which may have just flushed some old cache or settings or something but either way, there's a marked difference to PipeDrive and the overlap is where I'm comparing them.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Anonymous

This isn't something I have experienced. I would reccommend testing your use of the application on another browser, device and/or network to see if any of these three elements could be factoring towards HubSpot's performance speed. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yep. Done that, thanks. It's better than it was but comparing the two solutions shows that Hubspot is considerably slower.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I too am evaluating, and also find HubSpot really slow to refresh pages as you switch between screens. 

Again, we have super fast internet and all other platforms run much more quickly.

Any thoughts in speeding it up?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, agreed.

switching betweent the screens and contacts, Deal pages are very slow, and have checked muliple times on the connectivity, its pretty ok. I am not sure this is due to data load or volume. I have close 1100 contacts in the contacts list.

Prakash

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

It doesn't appear to be related to number of contacts, I only have 3!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @trialRun2

If you are still experiencing issues with HubSpot's speed, and can reproduce the issue across multiple internet connections (hard-wired, different wifi connections, etc.) and in different browsers, can you please let me know? It would be helpful if you could send along videos of what you are experiencing. Additionally I would be curious if other users in your portal are experiencing the same issue. 

Thanks, 
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello,

The 'slowness' seems to be isolated to desktop as when we use the mobile app it works superfast and doesn't have the same slow issue.

Yes, we all (5) seem to be experiencing the same 'slow' problem and have tried on different browsers (chrome, edge, OE, firefox, opera, etc.), different desktop devices (mac, chromebook, pc) with both wired and wifi connectivity at different locations (office, home, hotspots, client's wifis).

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@JAM @trialRun2 can you send along videos of what you're seeing in terms of slowness? That will help me advise on next steps. Additionally, is it slow only in specific areas of the tool, certain times of day? I'm just looking for any patterns that could be associated with this, but again a video would be great! 

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

How do we send a video?  There is no option here to attach a file.  It takes over 2 minutes to even get to a point where you can type the email and when you start typing, it doesn't show up on the screen.

I really hope this gets resovled ASAP otherwise I will have to move platforms because it is impossible to conduct business in this matter.

I am connected via hardwire, everything else works perfectly except for this.

I hope this helps in resolving this issue.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Pageloads are slow when I am lucky. Most of the times pageloads dont finish even after waiting for several minutes. Very disappointed.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Figured I'd follow up on an old post.

Yup, its slow.

Guesstimate, its happy with about 1 request/second per handle/session.

I got a importer which runs, and it does about somewhere between 5-10 requests to add a contact+company (python), and its running on average 3-6 secs per contact/company insert.    Sure I could speed things up by less paranoid coding, but hubspot makes me check 'everything', specially since it seems to want to outthink what I really want to do on a regular basis (that's a differnt post I should write.)

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue.  Was working fine until about two weeks ago.  The issue is when in contacts and trying to send an email.  While typing the email it is extremely slow to respond.  I literally have to wait 15 to 20 seconds for what I type to appear on the screen.  This is extremely frustrating especially since I love the platform and it has been a life saver for my CRM but if this continues I would have no choice but to find another solution.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @edmundk33,

Can you confirm that this issue is occurring across multiple browsers, through an incognito window, and on multiple internet connections. 

If you can share this information, it will assist the team in advising on next steps.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Yes, it occurs on Chrome, Safari even in Incognito window.  It is not the internet connection as the rest of the CRM works perfectly fine.  We have ran a speed test and is consistant.  We no issues with any other sites, servers or platforms.  

The issue resides in the Email section of HubSpot.  Replying to emails takes for ever to load and in some cases causes the screen to go White where we have to either refresh or go back.

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Same. HS works fine in all areas except sending emails. When I start a queue it takes about 10 seconds for each page to load as well as when I go back to my sales queue. Cleared cookies. Tried other browsers. Not incognito. Every other page and application works fine. The inefficiency of this is very time consuming and SUPER frustrating.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@trialRun I did not bother to read all the comments - please clear you cache and cookies.  HUbSpot is great for me and my company host is in another country.  No slowness here.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

We have only been with HS for about 5 months. It has been working fine until about a week ago. 

My cookies and cache have been cleared. I start my day clearing those. Every other program on my computer is working and loading as expected. I have the fastest internet speed.

I just started my work day, and Hubspot is non functioning. It is taking for ever just to enter any updated information in a contact, or any other transaction. It is the spinning wheel of death. I can't work like this. I imagine there are other clients that are having issues, but are not taking the time to report it on a public forum.

Perhaps Hubspot has too many clients and their server is overloaded?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Tonya1,

Are you still experiencing this issue? You can get real time updates about the status of our tools at status.hubspot.com. Have you tried connecting over multiple internet connections? Are there other users in your portal who are experiencing the same issue? 

Please let me know if this issue continues and I am happy to assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have found the best way around this slow issue, is to close out of Hubspot and reload and then it seems to go back to normal for a time. I don't know why it is happening though.

0 Upvotes