CRM

nickhannah
メンバー

Hubspot Owner reverting to Original Owner

解決

Hi,

One of my Sales Director's roles is to assign Contacts to new Owners as part of the sales process - effectively assigning contact to the agent who will be resonsible for dealing with that contact at point of sale.  We are having an intermittent problem in that although

1.  The changes the owner and saves the amended record 

2.  The new Owner receives an EMail notification of the assignment of the contact

3.  The new owner in some cases looks, sees, finds the contact assigned to them and makes notes

The Contact record suddenly reverts to the original owner for no apparent reason.

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
bradmin
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

What happens in the property history of an affected contact? Search for the HubSpot Owner property. Are you finding that it's being set twice? If so, what's the source of the changes? Do impacted contacts see two owner changes, both with sources of users within your portal? 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
5件の返信
bradmin
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi, @nickhannah. Based on what you're describing, it sounds as if there are other integrations or automation which might interfere. 

Are you integrated with Salesforce? If you're creating new records in HubSpot, they sync to Salesforce, and they're brand-new to Salesforce, then lead assignment criteria in Salesforce could apply the owner, independent of the HubSpot Owner value you'd assigned previously. 

You'll also want to review the HubSpot Owner property, and ensure it's not being used in any HubSpot workflows (which may or may not set the value to something else). Go to https://app.hubspot.com/property-settings/[YOUR_PORTAL_ID]/contact/hubspot_owner_id, and review any workflows the property is associated with. 

Lastly - and this is pretty unlikely - it's possible you may have a duplicate property, labeled HubSpot Owner, which was filled in instead of the default HubSpot Owner property. Ensure no conflicts with duplicate properties exist in your portal. 

0 いいね!
nickhannah
メンバー

解決

Thanks for your answer - There are no integrations or workflows.  Also I've checked for a duplicate property (there isn't one).   It seems to happen randomly and after the receipt by the new "owner" of the Email notifying them.  On most occasions the new owner simply can't find the contact that has been assigned to them and that's when we discover that it has reverted to the original owner.  It has happened with different "new" owners too, thus making it even more random.  

0 いいね!
bradmin
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

What happens in the property history of an affected contact? Search for the HubSpot Owner property. Are you finding that it's being set twice? If so, what's the source of the changes? Do impacted contacts see two owner changes, both with sources of users within your portal? 

0 いいね!
nickhannah
メンバー

解決

Brilliant advice!  Thank you.  I have now been able to see that an import from a Bookly Customer list was overwriting the changes to the "Owner" field after it had been manually changed.  I've amended processes to prevent this happening!  Thanks again - Nick

bradmin
キーアドバイザー

解決

Also, this setting can automatically set contact owners, based on the owner of the company. Check to see if you have this enabled unknowingly. 

0 いいね!