Hubspot Lifecycle Stage Vs Salesforce Lead Status Sync Issues

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I guess this question was asked more than once here..., I'm using Hubspot marketing automation with Salesforce CRM and when I'm trying to sync the Hubspot's 'Lifecycle Stage' field to Salesforce's 'Lead Status' field the data is not transferred correctly because the values are not the same, Hubspot is not allowing you to change the default values in the 'Lifecycle Stage' and I also can't change the Salesforce's 'Lead Status' field values.

Hubspot's support saying there isn't any solution for this issue, but I think there must be a workaround, I'm not the only one with such issue...

Thanks   

5 Replies 5

I don't have the solution either but I'm writing this just to back you up. I've imported the contacts with the Lifecycle Stage but then it was all gone. Instead, a new property appeared - lead status. I still can't understand why are there two lead statuses and how do I change them? It just doesn't work, Hubspot

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I think the Hubspot's 'Lead status' is a secondary field for the SQL stage...

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @Adiche. You should be able to accomplish this with a duplicate mapping. 

Lead Status is a standard field on leads in Salesforce. When you set up the connector, mappings for standard fields are automatically created, and unmodifiable (other than setting the update rule on the mapping). 

Sometimes, use cases crop up where you don't want the connector to use the standard mappings. Create a custom mapping, passing Lifecycle Stage to Lead Status, then set the update rule on the standard mapping for Lead Status to Disabled. Your custom mapping will override the disabled standard mapping. 

Those steps would get the HubSpot Lifecycle Stage value passed to Salesforce. If you want to change the lifecycle stage value from a Lead Status change in HubSpot, you'll be limited by the forward-only nature of the property. While you can clear out a lifecycle stage value then set it to anything you want, with a mapping like the one you want, there'd be no clearing of values from a Salesforce-side change. So if a Salesforce user tried to change the value backwards in the lifecycle stage, it wouldn't take. A change which moves someone further through stages should succeed, however. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brad, 

Thanks for the answer, appreciate it! still, I don't think this answers my problem, I need it to sync both ways and have one value mapped under a different name on the other filed...

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I ran into this issue when I set up a sync in May, then punted until now and have to fix it, lol.

What I did was: set up a workflow to set a "Lead Status (SF)" property in Hubspot when Lifecycle Stage changes, with the same values as Lead Status in Salesforce, then map that "Lead Status (SF)" property to Salesforce's Lead Status bidirectionally. 

The bad news is: this just like, doesn't work. The values don't ever make it to Salesforce. I have zero idea why because the rest of my mappings work fine (and the SFDC Lead Status values sync to the "Lead Status (SF)" property in Hubspot). But on the off-chance that's just an error with my sync (or a bug), you could try a similar approach. It adds some property cruft in Hubspot but it does solve the mapping problem, at least in theory.

0 Upvotes