CRM

RAdams6
Participant

Hubspot Harms Page Performance BADLY

I know this has been discussed, I've read almost all the posts! But there seems to be ZERO resolutions.

I just ran a test on my website with and without the Hubspot code installed. We only use the live chat.

WITHOUT Hubspot installed:

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 10.47.15.png

WITH Hubspot installed:

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 10.47.20.png

You can see not only does it reduce our First Content Paintful and Speed Index from green to orange, but there is also a much larger delay in actually displaying the content.

We only have Hubspot installed on this website and it is noticably slower and causes more performance issues than any of our other websites.

In answer to the common suggestions from Hubspot:

- Yes I have delayed the chat to 5 seconds or more

- I've even turned off the chat pop-up loader

- I've put the code in the body

- It DOES have an affect on SEO - Has no one heard about the Core Web Vitals update arriving in (now) June?

After many, many calls with Hubspot talking about plans we decided to try the free version before going all-out, but this is the one thing stopping us from investing across all of our businesses.

Please can anyone with a resolution or any Hubspot staff with a resolution please respond?

3 Replies 3
JoelHughes
Participant

Hi,

I was searching her specifically for a Zaraz post. Zaraz (now acquired by CloudFlare) is very much the approach we are looking to take; one huge benefit here is performance.

Zaraz (in CF) do now have a native Hubspot tool but my question is this. does the Hubspot WordPress plugin do anything else here apart from putting the tracking code in? If it does, what do I do about removing it without the client losing functionality?

Joel

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 07.14.50.png

RAdams6
Participant

So I removed Hubspot from our website entirely.

And look what's happened:

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 17.46.32.png

All this time, it's Hubspot that's been causing CLS issues to my site.

We do still use the CRM but use Zapier to send data, which is working.

It's a shame we've lost the live chat as it was one of the best live chats I've used.

I'm still keen to hear from Hubspot staff regarding this issue.

GuyTaylor
Guide

Hi @RAdams6, a great question.

We are on the same journey, you and I. I am also using Google PageInsights to benchmark my website and thinking about ways to speed it up. I have a suggestion but to be clear I am not a expert and do not use HubSpot for my website hosting. However, there is a product that is definitely worth checking out. It will load third party tools/scripts on behalf of your website which speeds it up big time. You can check it out here: https://zaraz.com/analyze

I came across them while browsing producthunt a month or two ago. They seem really promising. 

let me know how it goes, cheers!
Guy Taylor | linkedhub.io