CRM

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Hubspot Company creation

Hello Community

This is super challenging task for my org right now,

We all know that Hubspot creates a company(with domain name) if the contact email ID has a company domain name(For instance, after @ and so on), deal is not associated here

At the same time, 

My Org has an app, which creates a company in Hubspot (Without domain name) if the contact email id has a domain name, deal is associated here

at the end there are duplication for the same company 

so my questions are,

1. Is it possible to stop creating companies by Hubspot, so that my org app creates a company if the contact email id has a domain name and deal will be associated here. At the end there won't be any duplications by Hubspot.

2. What is the time frame to create a company by Hubspot if I provide the contact email id which has a domain name, this time frame is needed for me to align with my Org app

3. Is there any way that the deal should be associated to both company(created by Hubspot) and contact, presently deal association is missing as I mentioned above.

4. Any possible suggestion from the community

#LetsGrowTogether

#RaviTalks

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hubspot Company creation

Hi @RSiddula,

Maybe I am not fully understanding or oversimplifying this, but you should be able to turn the automation that automatically creates and associates companies with contacts. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 10.19.07 AM.png

You can find this in Settings > Objects > Companies. With this off, you would then rely solely on your 3rd party application creating the companies and associating with the appropriate contacts.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

MAC-MCB
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hubspot Company creation

Hi @RSiddula,

There is "unfortunately" no method where you can turn it off automatically created by companies in HubSpot.
And since there is no endpoint at HubSpot API to merge, it will also be a lengthy solution to build inside of HS.

My best advice would be that a company should always be created with a domain, and you add this to your integration between HubSpot and your App.

This will remove 97% of the duplicates and the master of inputs will still be able to remain your app.

/Martin

Best Regards

Martin Christiansen

www.mcb.dk

Tlf.: 7012 4816 . Mobil: +45 93 63 04 95

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Hubspot Company creation

Could you please help me out with the above issue @karstenkoehler @Anonymous @Phil_Vallender @Josh @webdew @stefen @Anton 

0 Upvotes