Hubsport notification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I am trying to set up a new user for hubspot notiications however on the portal it keeps showing gmail adn we use outlook ---

Ive set it up numerous times and its been fine

please help 

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Anonymous  Can you provide more details about the errors you see and the email addresses you are trying to connect?  Screenshots will be helpful also. 

Ed  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, please see screenshot below- the account in questions is gabriel.kaufman@berkeley-capital.com

hubspotscreenshot.JPG

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi still waiting on an answer on this 

please helpp

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Anonymous  If you have set this up correctly in Outlook, you can ignore this screen and simply head to Outlook to create your first tracked message. It is most likely showing this because you are using Chrome or it senses that Chrome/Gmail is available as an email client.

Can you verify with me that you are able to send a tracked message using Outlook?   

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The emails in outlook are tracked fine.

It is the notificiation stream that i cannot get to because of this gmail thing.

Even when i open hubspot in a different browser it re-directs me to install google chrome

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@Anonymous when you click into your notification stream this is the message that is populating across the whole screen, is that correct? 

Can you please see what happens when you open HubSpot in different browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox), as well as try clearing your cache and loading the content in an incognito browser? 

If the issue persists after taking these steps, please let me know and I can advise on next steps. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the suggestions below and it still shows up with the below 

hubspotscreenshot.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is your inbox connected within HubSpot? I'd recommend starting by connecting your Outlook inbox if it isn't already. If it is connected can you please send a screenshot of your connected inboxes screen within your portal? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

please see screens below- i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still give me the gmail option

On outlook i can see the emails are tracked but its not syncing with the notifications stream. 

are you not able to configure it from your side?/ 

hbspotscren.JPGhbspotscreen2.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@Anonymous can you confirm that the email address/email inbox you are experiencing this with is the one in that screenshot: gabriel.kaufman@berkeley-capital.com? I can see there are other email addresses associated with the portal, so I want to ensure I am looking at the right user/account. 

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes correct

it is 

gabriel.kaufman@berkeley-capital.com 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@Anonymous I am not seeing any emails that have been sent from the gabriel email address. The email address I am seeing notifications associated with is the one that is associated with your username in the community. 

There are two options here: 

1. Take a look at the notification stream associated with the email address you log into the community with. If you see issues there, please let me know (and send along screenshots)

2. Send a tracked email from the gabriel email address showing the 'track' and 'log' options checked off. Please send along screenshots of the tracked email in your sent inbox and then what your notification stream shows after that (as well as a link to the contact's timeline). 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

we have 4 users who have no issue with the notifications stream

below is a screenshot of a tracked email sent from gabriels account 

trackedemailshot.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@Anonymous I'm going to need to know which contact that was sent to to confirm that it did not go through. 

You can direct message me the contact name or link to their email address. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@Anonymous can you please go through the entire process of sending a tracked email to an inbox you have access to open it from, clicking "track" and "log" and then going to your receiving inbox and opening the email? 

Please send screenshots from every step of the process (before sending, showing that the track and log are checked off), after sent from the sent inbox (showing bcc address), in the recipients inbox (showing that you've opened it), and then a screenshot of what your notification stream looks like after you have opened the email. Please use a personal email address as emails sent to contacts with the same domain will not be logged in the CRM. 

You can send the screenshots through a direct message so you don't need to blur things out. If you can also give me the name of the contact you've sent the email to, that would be great. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi please can you help with the below 

0 Upvotes