CRM

Smartbound
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

HubSpot tracking code - Deleting old assets

SOLVE

Hi There! I have doubts regarding HubSpot tracking code, if we have contacts that have registered through a form, CTA or landing page and those assets are no longer in use and we want to delete them, do we lose the user tracking? TIA

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Smartbound,

HubSpot tracking is cookie-based and deleting assets like forms or CTAs doesn't have any effect on the cookies. These website visitors / contacts will continue to be tracked if they have accepted the cookies. However, if you delete HubSpot assets, you will lose the analytics data for these specific assets. Asset deleted = asset analytics gone.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Smartbound,

HubSpot tracking is cookie-based and deleting assets like forms or CTAs doesn't have any effect on the cookies. These website visitors / contacts will continue to be tracked if they have accepted the cookies. However, if you delete HubSpot assets, you will lose the analytics data for these specific assets. Asset deleted = asset analytics gone.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Smartbound
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction Karsten. 🙌