CRM

gmiddleswarth
Participant

HubSpot should allow syncing Contacts, Companies, and Deals to the Sandbox account

SOLVE

While I appreciate the addition of a Sandbox account to HubSpot, I do find it rather odd that there isn't a way to copy the Contacts, Companies, and Deals from your production account to the sandbox account. I really need an exact copy of my production account to be able to utilize the sandbox to test integrations properly, but the only way to get those objects into the sandbox account is to export them from the production account and then import them into the sandbox account. Not only is this a time-consuming process, but it can cause a lot of issues with the relationships between the objects and invalidate the testing we're trying to do.

Netsuite, for instance, which is the software I'm testing the HS integration with, makes an exact copy of your production account when you create a sandbox account. You can also reset it at any time and they'll refresh the data so it matches with the production account again. HubSpot definitely needs this to be in place for the sandbox accounts to be truly effective!

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

HubSpot should allow syncing Contacts, Companies, and Deals to the Sandbox account

SOLVE

Hi @gmiddleswarth,

I'd recommend adding this feedback to this HubSpot Ideas post or this one (or creating a new one). This will alert the product team which can then review it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

johnelmer
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@gmiddleswarth @karstenkoehler @sales   There is an app from Datawarehouse.io called the HubSpot Sandbox Migrator

The HubSpot Sandbox Migrator is a comprehensive solution for migrating CRM data from your HubSpot production environment into a sandbox.

The HubSpot Sandbox Migrator tool updates the destination sandbox so that it does not create duplicate contacts and minimizes the amount of duplicate data elsewhere. This app offers unlimited and concurrent runs from a production portal to a sandbox and the tables being migrated can be customized. The default tables being synchronized are:

– Owners

– Custom Properties for all Objects
– Tickets
– Deals
– Line Items/Products
– Contacts (Limited to 100k due to HubSpot limitations)
– Companies
– Files/Attachments
– Lists
– Associations between all records
– Engagements (Meetings, tasks, Notes, Calls, emails)

The service uses (SSL/TLS) encryption at all times while data is “in transit” to and from HubSpot, so the data remains secure. The app does not store any of data aside from the secure tokens required to migrate your HubSpot data. Those tokens are destroyed after the migration is completed. In addition, this application is GDPR Compliant and hosted in the EU.

Documentation explaining how the tool works is available here: https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/4402190492051

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

A one-time sync of CRM objects to your sandbox can now take place for Enterprise users: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/sync-automated-emails-forms-lists-and-workflows-to-a-sandbox-a...

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NicoleJ thank you for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Solution

SOLVE

@gmiddleswarth @karstenkoehler @sales   There is an app from Datawarehouse.io called the HubSpot Sandbox Migrator

The HubSpot Sandbox Migrator is a comprehensive solution for migrating CRM data from your HubSpot production environment into a sandbox.

The HubSpot Sandbox Migrator tool updates the destination sandbox so that it does not create duplicate contacts and minimizes the amount of duplicate data elsewhere. This app offers unlimited and concurrent runs from a production portal to a sandbox and the tables being migrated can be customized. The default tables being synchronized are:

– Owners

– Custom Properties for all Objects
– Tickets
– Deals
– Line Items/Products
– Contacts (Limited to 100k due to HubSpot limitations)
– Companies
– Files/Attachments
– Lists
– Associations between all records
– Engagements (Meetings, tasks, Notes, Calls, emails)

The service uses (SSL/TLS) encryption at all times while data is “in transit” to and from HubSpot, so the data remains secure. The app does not store any of data aside from the secure tokens required to migrate your HubSpot data. Those tokens are destroyed after the migration is completed. In addition, this application is GDPR Compliant and hosted in the EU.

Documentation explaining how the tool works is available here: https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/4402190492051

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
sales
Contributor

SOLVE

Agree, this would be super useful. I added my related comments to this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Sandbox/idc-p/551680#M100781

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gmiddleswarth,

I'd recommend adding this feedback to this HubSpot Ideas post or this one (or creating a new one). This will alert the product team which can then review it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.