CRM

HSmith758

HubSpot integration problem with Bullhorn CRM

Hi Everyone, 

My company has recently integrated Hub Spot and Bullhorn CRM System (Recruitment CRM system); however, information seems to sync from hub spot to Bullhorn only sometimes.

We have a HubSpot form on our website that a client fills out, and they provide their company's website URL as part of one of the questions. Once that form is complete, a deal in hub spot is created, and from what I understand from hub spots technology, they use something called web scaping, which uses that URL provided and searches for information about the client's company. For example, it would fill in the company name, city, industry, number of employees, LinkedIn page, annual revenue etc. This pre-populates that information into HubSpot under the company details and property overview.

The problem we are facing is that once this deal is created in HubSpot this information should then be sent to Bullhorn under a section called opportunities. And for some reason, only some deals from HubSpot to BH opportunities are syncing, while others are not. We pulled up a few company deals that synced properly and assessed what information the scrapping tool from Hub spot pulled and what they all had in common. We noticed that only the company name and website URL was needed.

However, we assessed a clients deal in hubspot that did not sync (failed) to bullhorn and noticed that hubspot had pulled the same exact information as those other companies that successfully synced to opportunities bullhorn (a companies Name and URL)

But, for some reason, this failed to move to bullhorn opportunities while other company deals in which hub spot pulled the same exact information (company name and website URL) synced properly and populated correctly in bullhorn opportunities.

We want to keep using the URL in the form because if a deal from HubSpot moved successfully to opportunities in bullhorn the URL is used to assess whether that company is already in BH, and means it won't create a duplicate but instead pull that company directly from BH so that the opportunities (deal) sits under one company and not multiple duplicates.

Has anyone tried to do something similar? Or understand what might be going wrong? Do you think it's a hub spot or Bullhorn problem?

Would love to get people's thoughts, as we've been stuck on this for a while.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
LaurenRyan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @HSmith758, I'm not super familiar with Bullhorn, but typically when something like this happens, it's because the associated record to the Deal didn't sync through. So, if a Company already exists in Bullhorn and isn't syncing to HubSpot, HubSpot may not be able to create the Company in Bullhorn and then the associated Deal can't sync through. Are you seeing any sync errors in Data Sync?

HSmith758

Hi @LaurenRyan

Thank you for your reply. When looking at the failed-to-sync section, the deals that are not syncing to opportunities in Bullhorn have errors that say  Category Error: "This record didn't sync because of a Bullhorn error." "Opportunities must be assigned to a company."

From my understanding (I'm very new to both these systems), how we have this set up is that regardless of whether the company already exists in BH, the deal from Hubspot should sync underneath that company in BH opportunities. If there is no company record in BH, then a new company should be created. 

From what I can see,  some new deals from hubspot are syncing to BH and being populated underneath the existing company record in opportunities (which should be happening). While companies that are not in BH are also being created as new clients in opportunities, which we want to happen as well. But then there are random deals that fail, which have the error message above that I provided. But HubSpot seems to have pulled the same information that was used for the deals (Company Name & Company Domain Name(URL)) that synced to BH with no problems. 

Hopefully, this all makes sense. Let me know if you need more information. Really Appreciate the help.

0 Upvotes
LaurenRyan

@HSmith758 of course! To me, this seems like a potential order of operations issue. Ie - Bullhorn needs the Company created before the deal can be created & associated.

I haven't used BH before so I'm not positive I can help past that. @Connorj13  - do you have experience with this?

0 Upvotes
HSmith758

Hi @LaurenRyan , 

Thanks for the reply again. Let me test by adding a company that is not in BH and seeing whether that fixes the associated problem. 

I just find it odd that some companies who are filling out this form for deals and are not in BH are still being added to BH opportunities as a new company while some aren't. 

Appreciate all the help so far

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @HSmith758, Happy Friday! I would like to add our top experts to this conversation @ndwilliams3 @LaurenRyan any recommendations for the @HSmith758 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

HSmith758

Hi @PamCotton ,

thanks for getting the right people to help out!

0 Upvotes