CRM

benjaminjcharlt
Participant

HubSpot forwarding address isn't working as expected

If I receive an email from a contact that is not a reply to a logged email from me, I want to log in to the HubSpot CRM.

I forward the email to the forwarding address 1234myid@forward.hubspot.com and hope that it logs the email on the contact's record.

It does not. HubSpot thinks that 1234myid@forward.hubspot.com is a new contact and logs the email on that record instead of the actual contact's record.

Please can you advise?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @benjaminjcharlt 

Is the new contact created with the email "1234myid@forward.hubspot.com" or associated with other emails that the contact replied?  If so HubSpot deduplicated/identify based on the e-mail address of the contact, if the contact replied from another email or CC other contacts in the conversation this will prompt to create a new record.

More information here 

I hope this helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
benjaminjcharlt
Participant

Thank you for your interest, @PamCotton. You seem to be talking about when a contact replies to a tracked email that I sent. But I'm not. I'm talking about when I forward an email from a contact that was not being tracked before. I'm pretty sure what I am seeing is not designed to happen. If it is designed to happen, the design should be changed.

0 Upvotes