CRM

sp0rkeh
メンバー

HubSpot for Business Contacts

解決

Is this the right solution to also mix in business contacts that are NOT meant for tracking sales.

For example, I have a distributor who I contact for equipment for my business. I do not plan to sell, market, or advertise to him.

The only lifecycle stage that makes sense is Other.

I don't even want an owner of this contact as anyone in the business should be able to find his info.

How do I properly handle this?

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
willsmith
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

解決

Two ways that you can handle this:

1. Create a custom property that makes it easy to segment these contacts. Make sure the property name is clear enough that everyone on the team will understand that these are business associates that are not to be marketed to. You could also customize the Lead Status to "business contact" (or other custom name) for even more clarity. 

2. A little unorthodox, but, you could also spin up a free HubSpot portal and store the contacts in there.

I hope this helps.   

元の投稿で解決策を見る

22Eighteen
解決策
投稿者

解決

You can assign an "owner", and I recommend you do so, while still allow all contacts to be visible to your CRM users.

Assigning an owner will make it easier for sales reps to find the prospect and customer contacts they'll be most interested (by filtering their lists to "owned by me" or "unassigned").

Also, the recommendation already given by Will to create a custom property is a good one.

You can use this custom property to make sure they are excluded from sales and marketing email lists.  

But I would also use the Lifecycle stage "Other" 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
22Eighteen
解決策
投稿者

解決

You can assign an "owner", and I recommend you do so, while still allow all contacts to be visible to your CRM users.

Assigning an owner will make it easier for sales reps to find the prospect and customer contacts they'll be most interested (by filtering their lists to "owned by me" or "unassigned").

Also, the recommendation already given by Will to create a custom property is a good one.

You can use this custom property to make sure they are excluded from sales and marketing email lists.  

But I would also use the Lifecycle stage "Other" 

jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @sp0rkeh,

I want to tag in a few subject matter experts who may be able to assist here! @willsmith@22Eighteen@MikeLawson do you have any suggestions for how to manage contacts you are not selling to?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 いいね!
willsmith
解決策

解決

Two ways that you can handle this:

1. Create a custom property that makes it easy to segment these contacts. Make sure the property name is clear enough that everyone on the team will understand that these are business associates that are not to be marketed to. You could also customize the Lead Status to "business contact" (or other custom name) for even more clarity. 

2. A little unorthodox, but, you could also spin up a free HubSpot portal and store the contacts in there.

I hope this helps.