CRM

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

[HubSpot Workaround] Auto-create Associated Company When NEW Contact Has Free Email Address

resolver

How to auto-create an associated company when a new contact only has a free email address

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

[HubSpot Workaround] Auto-create Associated Company When NEW Contact Has Free Email Address

resolver

[Workaround]

Q: Is there a simple HubSpot workaround to auto-create an associated company when a new contact has a free email address?

Short A: Yes. 

Longer A:

Scenario:

A new (as yet to be created) HubSpot contact, John Doe, works for AcmeWelding (acmewelding.com), but we only have their free email address (john@gmail.com).

-Step 1-  Make sure HubSpot auto-create associated company is turned ON

(see image)

hubspot-settings-automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts.png

-Step 2- Create a NEW contact for John Doe using the fake email address john@acmewelding.com

-Step 3- In John Doe's new contact record, add the email address john@gmail.com

-Step 4- In John Doe's new contact record, make the email address john@gmail.com PRIMARY

-Step 5- In John Doe's new contact record, delete the old fake email address john@acmewelding.com

Done!

Yes. It seems like a lot of steps. And it is. However, all steps can take less than a few seconds for those familiar with the HubSpot CRM interface. AND, you now also have a new company associated with your new contact who only has a free email address.

Easy.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
6 Respuestas 6
SCusack4
Colaborador

resolver

Has this been resolved or did someone find out a workaround?

0 Me gusta
EricGoldstein
Miembro

resolver

I've run into this problem a few times.

The annoying thing is that I HAVE a contact field for company name - just want to populate Associated company with it.

I can quickly manually create a new company, but that's ridiculous.

There has to be a way to push the company name field I already have into the associated company name (creating a new company if needed) automatically..

Not sure if this can be easily done with Zapier or at worst with an export, import, but - this is strange.

MBryce
Participante

resolver

Agree. Have replied to another post that was similar to this, the associated company tab is more functional than the regular company tab and your unable to manually assign an associated company... ??? 

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

[Workaround]

Q: Is there a simple HubSpot workaround to auto-create an associated company when a new contact has a free email address?

Short A: Yes. 

Longer A:

Scenario:

A new (as yet to be created) HubSpot contact, John Doe, works for AcmeWelding (acmewelding.com), but we only have their free email address (john@gmail.com).

-Step 1-  Make sure HubSpot auto-create associated company is turned ON

(see image)

hubspot-settings-automatically-create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts.png

-Step 2- Create a NEW contact for John Doe using the fake email address john@acmewelding.com

-Step 3- In John Doe's new contact record, add the email address john@gmail.com

-Step 4- In John Doe's new contact record, make the email address john@gmail.com PRIMARY

-Step 5- In John Doe's new contact record, delete the old fake email address john@acmewelding.com

Done!

Yes. It seems like a lot of steps. And it is. However, all steps can take less than a few seconds for those familiar with the HubSpot CRM interface. AND, you now also have a new company associated with your new contact who only has a free email address.

Easy.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
aqua-ant
Miembro

resolver

This is completely useless, you don't only have the free e-mail, you already have the information where Jon Doe works, and you already have the information about their domain.

Is there any way of doing this if the company the contact comes from is unknown? I can make them enter their company name but that doesn't keep me from having to manually google the company's website, find their domain name, create a new company manually with that domain and then finally the workflows can copy data into it.

Even if the field "company name" on the form submission field is filled out correctly, then I can just pray that their company name is also exactly their domainname.com

setheryb
Colaborador

resolver

I just came across this and it seems like this is an abuse of the community forum a bit. He created his own "question" then immediately answered himself and marked himself as the solution, when this isn't even a solution to the topic subject.