CRM

Kekegenkai

HubSpot CRM to SFDC migration - how do you sync over accounts and opportunities?

SOLVE

So we’re moving off of HubSpot CRM but keeping HubSpot as our marketing automation platform. It’s pretty easy and straight forward to sync over lead records; however, this is not the case for accounts and opportunities.

We tried exporting accounts and importing into SFDC. This created duplicates in HubSpot instead of syncing to the existing records.

We have the HubSpot Companies to SFDC Accounts sync on; however, we can’t trigger this manually. It requires attaching new contacts to the companies, which we don’t have for all the accounts we need to sync over.

My team and I are at our wits end. Is manually syncing each account the only option here? Say it ain’t so!

We haven’t even tried to do anything with opps yet.

Has anyone ever done this migration successfully?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

HubSpot CRM to SFDC migration - how do you sync over accounts and opportunities?

SOLVE

Hi @Kekegenkai,

I believe it might be a bit easier than this. One of the actions that triggers a sync is also if a property on a deal or Company is updated it should trigger a sync to Salesforce. Found in this article. 

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 14.51.06.png

So the sync rule would need to at least temporarily be set to 'Two Way' so that HubSpot can update Salesforce. Once that's in place you could bulk edit all of your Companies (maybe create a property, ensure it's mapped then change it from blank to yes for all companies in bulk) and the same for Deals they should sync across. Would take some time of course depending on the number of records.

I hope this helps but let me know if I can clarify anything!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Kekegenkai,

I believe it might be a bit easier than this. One of the actions that triggers a sync is also if a property on a deal or Company is updated it should trigger a sync to Salesforce. Found in this article. 

Screenshot 2021-12-13 at 14.51.06.png

So the sync rule would need to at least temporarily be set to 'Two Way' so that HubSpot can update Salesforce. Once that's in place you could bulk edit all of your Companies (maybe create a property, ensure it's mapped then change it from blank to yes for all companies in bulk) and the same for Deals they should sync across. Would take some time of course depending on the number of records.

I hope this helps but let me know if I can clarify anything!