CRM

JGray30
Participant

HubSpot App to complete a form

SOLVE

Good morning

I have been tasked to primarily produce a form in Hubspot, that we can use , via the HubSpot App.  This is for our sales team to complete the form, whilst out of the office.

The form will detail when our Sales Team have delivered a demonstration to either an existing customer or a prospect.  The information such as name, address, contact details, machine model, date plus a few other details. 

We need this to be filled in, by the Sales Team, HubSpot can hold this information, for the HubSpot Administrator to validate the data.  Check the details such as postcode, spelling is correct and also for duplications.  It is quite common of grammar and spelling inaccuracies, and create a duplicate record.  We need to validate this information first.

In short, Sales Team Complete the form, this comes in direct to Hubspot to be held for validation , and only then does the record become live.  Is this possible?  Appreciate suggestions to this process.

Unfortuantely I am still waiting for my Head Office to give me access to the Enterprise account, it is still being "signed off"

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JGray30,

Happy to help here!

A form submission will create or update a contact record immediately, there isn't any way to pause this until it's approved.

However, you could simply create an additional contact field called "Contact validated" (single checkbox) which the HubSpot admin would tick.

This would allow you to create a filtered view of contacts who submitted the form and which aren't validated yet and a filtered view of contacts which are validated.

The flow would be as follows: The contact is created by the form submission from the sales rep. The box is not yet ticked. The contact appears in a filtered view for the admin for approval.

When you set up this form, make sure that the "Always create new contact" option is enabled in the form settings. Otherwise, subsequent form submissions by the same sales rep will overwrite one and the same contact record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JGray30,

Happy to help here!

A form submission will create or update a contact record immediately, there isn't any way to pause this until it's approved.

However, you could simply create an additional contact field called "Contact validated" (single checkbox) which the HubSpot admin would tick.

This would allow you to create a filtered view of contacts who submitted the form and which aren't validated yet and a filtered view of contacts which are validated.

The flow would be as follows: The contact is created by the form submission from the sales rep. The box is not yet ticked. The contact appears in a filtered view for the admin for approval.

When you set up this form, make sure that the "Always create new contact" option is enabled in the form settings. Otherwise, subsequent form submissions by the same sales rep will overwrite one and the same contact record.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JGray30
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, can you advise where "Always create new contact" 

I am in the actual form now (currently creating it), and selected "Options" next to Style & View.  I have selected Always create contact for a new email address" and "set contacts created as marketing contacts" I cannot see "Always create new contact" 

Hope that makes sense

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JGray30,

"Always create contact for a new email address" is the option I was referring to 🙂

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

JGray30
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much, I wasnt sure I had selected the correct option.  Appreciate your help

0 Upvotes