CRM

PCVMurcor

HubSpot Adds Cool Robot Contact to My CRM?

SOLVE

Please explain why and how Hubspot is adding and changing records in our account? Our user, Gary Marsh did not add this file.  

An explanation is needed.

HubSpotCoolRobot.png

1 Accepted solution
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @PCVMurcor

This one got me too! My CSM explained to us that this is a test contact that is added to all the portals. We then used it in training to see examples of what logging different activities would look like on the contact timeline, and also use this as an example contact when we test with personalization (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-do-i-preview-email-personalization). Most of the time we just ignore it, but it has actually been helpful when we need to do some testing (although very confusing to stumble across without notice, I agree!) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
EricaSmith
Contributor

SOLVE

I got this too!!!!  What is this @hubspot ????

Cool Robot.png

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EricaSmith,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I checked internally for you and, as @aliciaw mentions in her post above, "Cool Robot" contact is a Test/Dummy/Sample contact that can get created on your account when setting up tools.

You can either use it to test logging activities for example or, if you don't need it, you can also delete it.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
aliciaw
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @PCVMurcor

This one got me too! My CSM explained to us that this is a test contact that is added to all the portals. We then used it in training to see examples of what logging different activities would look like on the contact timeline, and also use this as an example contact when we test with personalization (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-do-i-preview-email-personalization). Most of the time we just ignore it, but it has actually been helpful when we need to do some testing (although very confusing to stumble across without notice, I agree!)