CRM

AlekNovkovski
Participant

How would you deal with this situation? (deal stages and lifecycles)

SOLVE

The standard CRM process assumes that all your deals are for a paid product or service, and your sales team only ever deals with closing the customer for a paid product or service.

What if your sales team is also involved in selling a free trial? All of our processes start with selling a pretty valuable product with a 100% write-off for the first time.

How would you set this up?

Specifically because in standard practice any closed deal makes a person into a "customer", but in our case they got a product for free, and the deal was closed for this free product. That customer designation impacts other things down the line as well.

- I know the automatic syncing can be disabled, and I can set up my own syncing rules, so that's not an issue. Just wondering how you would set it up in terms of when this person becomes a "customer" and when you would set what lead stage.

- Most guides assume your first deal is a paid product. In our case it's the second time a person is closed, that is the second deal is for a paid product (amount more than zero).

1 Accepted solution
Alex_Elborn
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

If you have a deal amount of £0 you could prevent the workflow from labelling them as a customer. Instead, you could have it apply a different label to the contact if they have a closed deal amount of £0.

Make sense?

footer

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Alex_Elborn
Solution

SOLVE

If you have a deal amount of £0 you could prevent the workflow from labelling them as a customer. Instead, you could have it apply a different label to the contact if they have a closed deal amount of £0.

Make sense?

footer