CRM

AcuityMR

How to view historical deal stages

SOLVE

Is it possible to see a summary view of deal stage by date? For example, we have a "demo" stage within our deal pipeline. I'm trying to run a report that would allow me to see how many demo's were completed each month, but as soon as the deal moves past that stage (say to closed won or closed lost) I lose that perspective.

1 Accepted solution
slepoidevin
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

This is possible in a report (but you can only see aggregate numbers, you can't export the individual data). If you go to reports and create a custom deal report, you should be able to report on:
- Entered Stage

- Entered Stage Date

- Time in Stage (although this is only stamped after the next stage has been reached, it is not dynamic)

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
CalebGraceheart

SOLVE

I found a pretty good work around for this. If you create a property, in my case "Proposals Delivered Date" as well as an automation that triggers upon moving a deal into a specific stage on the pipeline, setting the action to update the property you just created to the date the deal was moved. You can then create a custom report that shows Count of Deals by date. 

If you want historical data I'd recommend exporting the deal data, cleaning it up to only show the deal stage you want to see, then import that data to update the property you created to track. 

0 Upvotes
ErikNordahl

SOLVE

This should possible to retreive via normal api functionality... without manual steps needed.

Anyone found a way to get a snapshot of all deals state in a pipeline, per a specific date?

slepoidevin
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

This is possible in a report (but you can only see aggregate numbers, you can't export the individual data). If you go to reports and create a custom deal report, you should be able to report on:
- Entered Stage

- Entered Stage Date

- Time in Stage (although this is only stamped after the next stage has been reached, it is not dynamic)

WilliamMeeks
Participant

SOLVE

@slepoidevin @AnnaPerko 

It blows my mind that this information is only exportable this way! To my knowledge, you can't even build a workflow to capture this going forward like create new fields and add the date when the stage is entered.

This was a little clunky, but I was able to achieve this by exporting the data stage property history, see steps and screenshot below. Note, I had to write a formula in Excel to isolate the dates I wanted into one column as this file is horizontally long (left to right), and makes it near impossible to lookup and append. I had to also export a deal view, then do a lookup between the two files to make a master and segment the data to get a good visual.

1. Settings>CRM>Properties
  2. Filter by "Deal Properties
  3. Search for "Deal Stage" 
  4. Click the "More" button
  5. Click "Export property history"

WilliamMeeks_0-1599756452193.png

ob241
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, apologies for bumping an old thread but I wondered if you would be able to share the Excel equation you used for this?

0 Upvotes
RimM

SOLVE

Hi @WilliamMeeks , Thank you for your response.I have followed these steps . But I think that it brings all the deals of all the pipelines . Is there a way  to specify the pipeline? 

0 Upvotes
nateangell
Contributor

SOLVE

This is essential for us: We need to be able to view snapshots of a pipeline on any given date in the past: how many deals were in each stage, which deals were they, etc.

nateangell
Contributor

SOLVE

We had made a workaround to get historical deal movement info using the API, but then HubSpot made an unannounced change to the API. We managed to find another way to get the info via the API, and then we heard HubSpot may make that unavailable also. Why are they working to make historical deal stage movement information so hard to get? https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Please-ensure-deal-stage-history-is-available-via...

nateangell
Contributor

SOLVE

ARGH! I just learned that one can export entire deal stage histories from the property itself in settings. The part I missed was that you can export all the histories for all the deals from the property in addition to seeing the history for just one deal. This is the incredibly simple solution for this need that no one thought to suggest till now, hence our needless trip to the API and redesign once the APIs changed.

Casana
Participant

SOLVE

Can you please share the link to where you found that?

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Casana 

Could you please advise which link are you looking for?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @AcuityMR

You can down export the history for all contact, company, and deal properties. This would give you the dates you're looking for. 

You can get to this option by clicking settings>properties>choose your property>export property history. 

0 Upvotes
gabrieloy

SOLVE

Is there any way to get this informationthroughh the API?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @gabrieloy,

For a full outline of what is available with APIs, check out the deals APIs mentioned here.

@AndrewDick and @Kapil I noticed you've worked with the deals API before, do you have any suggestions for how to get started for @gabrieloy?

0 Upvotes