CRM

hssandesh
Colaborador(a)

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

Got a quick question: I send a lot of 1-1 emails. Let's say today 1 sent 30 emails (not mass emails but 1-1). Tomorrow a few more and over a period of time i would have sent about 150+ 1-1 emails. Now, is there a way for me to collate all these and see who has opened the email, who has not and how many clicked?

1 Solução aceita
sttang
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

Hi @hssandesh đŸ‘‹đŸ»,

You can perhaps consider creating a Contact & Activities cross-object report for this. What you can do is add the following properties in the "Data" tab of your report:

• Email Subject (Activity property)
  • Recent sales email open date (Contact property)
  • Recent sales email click date (Contact property)

Thereafter, you can filter for the email subject and activity type by clicking on the filter button. For example: 

Activities filterActivities filter

You can then display the data in the "Visualization" tab like that: 

Report's visualsReport's visuals

^ The above report shows that 3 people opened the "Let's grab lunch" email on 10th June 2019 while 4 people opened it on 17th October 2019. 

When you click into the bar chart, it will show you the names of the contacts that opened the email on the date itself. Feel free to further edit this report to customise your view such as filtering it by Activity date or having the report's frequency as "weekly" or "monthly". 

With this report, you will be able to view the open / click date of the 1-1 Sales email you send, based on the email subject. However, this report only shows those that opened / clicked the email and will not show those that did not. To share more, it won't be possible to assess Sales emails like Marketing emails as you cannot view the % of opens and clicks like how the Marketing email performance shows these statistics. We can only see who opened or clicked into emails.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
MatthewTate10
Membro

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

So evolving this a bit... I send 1:1 emails with several different links in them. Is there a way to build a report to show me who is clicking on what links or which links are most often clicked? 

sttang
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

Hi @hssandesh đŸ‘‹đŸ»,

You can perhaps consider creating a Contact & Activities cross-object report for this. What you can do is add the following properties in the "Data" tab of your report:

• Email Subject (Activity property)
  • Recent sales email open date (Contact property)
  • Recent sales email click date (Contact property)

Thereafter, you can filter for the email subject and activity type by clicking on the filter button. For example: 

Activities filterActivities filter

You can then display the data in the "Visualization" tab like that: 

Report's visualsReport's visuals

^ The above report shows that 3 people opened the "Let's grab lunch" email on 10th June 2019 while 4 people opened it on 17th October 2019. 

When you click into the bar chart, it will show you the names of the contacts that opened the email on the date itself. Feel free to further edit this report to customise your view such as filtering it by Activity date or having the report's frequency as "weekly" or "monthly". 

With this report, you will be able to view the open / click date of the 1-1 Sales email you send, based on the email subject. However, this report only shows those that opened / clicked the email and will not show those that did not. To share more, it won't be possible to assess Sales emails like Marketing emails as you cannot view the % of opens and clicks like how the Marketing email performance shows these statistics. We can only see who opened or clicked into emails.

Hope this helps! 🙂

DMurphy5
Membro

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

@sttang 

THis no longer seems to work. THe link to cross-object reports takes me to a page about single object reports. Any chance you can update how to do this? 

0 Avaliação positiva
hssandesh
Colaborador(a)

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

@sttang I guess these reports are only for paid customers Smiley triste

Is there any other work around to get this done for free users?

0 Avaliação positiva
sttang
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

Heya @hssandesh~

Hmm in this case, perhaps you can consider using Contact Lists instead. While the Lists tool won't allow for you to drilldown into the activity details like "Email subject", you can use the contact property:

• Recent sales email open date: the date of the last time that a contact opened a sales email. List criteriaList criteria

While you won't be able to go into greater details like filter for the email subject you sent, you can use the "Recent sales email open date" property as a gauge to see how many people opened your email after / before / within a certain date. 

hssandesh
Colaborador(a)

How to track 1-1 emails

resolver

@sttang Does this solution work for the free account as well?

0 Avaliação positiva