CRM

IanMain

How to tag contacts from different sources

I have around 1,000 people in a LinkedIn Group and about 200 in a Meetup. The common thing with these people is that they are interested in a thing called 'Virtual Agile Meetings' (a free monthly Zoom presentation).

It's very hard to make announcements to the people in the LinkedIn group (people often miss the posts). So I want to use HubSpot to capture peoples email addresses so I can send them news via emails.

In the future, I want to create a different list of people who sign up for a different newsletter from my web site.

Should I be using contact the property called 'OriginalSource'. How?

Man I feel like a total noob at this.

Thanks for any help offered 🙂

3 Replies 3
woody
Contributor

@IanMain : 
To import your LinkedIn to Hubspot, you can use a Hubspot Form or you can import the excel file included your contacts if you have that file. Or you can also use a 3rd party tool, for example linkedhub.io like @GuyTaylor has said above. "Original Source" property won't help for that.

To organize contacts, you can create a custom property, name it " LinkedIn Newsletter" or whatever you like. The field type of that property may be Dropdown select or Multi checkboxes. If each contact only sign up for 1 newsletter, you can use Dropdown select type. But if a contact can sign up for many newsletters, you must use Multi checkboxes type. 

GuyTaylor
Guide

Hi @IanMain, a good question. Full disclosure I work at linkedhub.io.

To move your contacts from LinkedIn into HubSpot you might try linkedhub.io. When visiting a LinkedIn profile you will see a 'Sync' button, click this and that's it. The LinkedIn profile is now a HubSpot contact. Might take a small while if you have a large number of contacts, but will certainly work.

Email address - LinkedHub will captures these for you.
Organizing contacts - Create your own HubSpot property > call it something like 'MySource' or whatever you like > give this property some options like 'Virtual Agile Meeting' > withink LinkedHub select the 'Virtual Agile Meeting' option and click the lock icon > now every time you sync a contact it will be tagged with 'Virtual Agile Metting'.

MySource.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IanMain 

Thank you for posting in the HubSpot Community! 

I want to share with you the following article regarding the Original Source Drill Down properties that could help you: 

Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties 

You could indeed use those, but it also depends how the contacts you are talking about are created in your HubSpot Portal. 

I'm unsure if these contacts are already in your portal or not? 

If not, you could use the HubSpot Forms to capture their email addresses, for example. Or if you already have them in an excel files for instance, you could also import them in HubSpot and use a custom property to categorize them (are there from the LinkedIn Group, or MeetUp?). You can then create a list or a saved filter with those contacts. 

Hope that helps!

Have a lovely day

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes