CRM

KBGallagher
Participant

How to sync Subject line in the workflow

SOLVE

Hi, we would like to utilize a workflow to create a task inside Salesforce when someone downloads a brochure. Workflow creation works, task creation in Salesforce works. The only issue is the subject line. It does not sync into Salesforce. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Katleen

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBGallagher,

HubSpot doesn't store the subject line of a marketing email in a contact property – it's unfortunately not something that would be easily available for sync, at least not without custom code.

However, if you want to access and pass on information about the brochure, this lives in Recent conversion. This field on the contact object contains the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).

If you're creating tasks in HubSpot before syncing them to Salesforce, you can use a personalization token for Recent conversion in the task creation:

karstenkoehler_3-1670909795002.png

Let me know if you I got your request right and if you have any follow-up questions!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
LaurenRyan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@KBGallagher adding to the comments here - I created a Loom showing different methods I tried and what I eventually landed on. A silly mistake I made at the start was that the test Contact I was using didn't have a recent conversion haha.

Let me know if this solved the issue!

KBGallagher
Participant

SOLVE

I have now added the creation of a task within HS. I have activated the syncing of tasks from HS to SF. 

KBGallagher_0-1670944180950.png

It works, except the same issue I was having is still there. The title or subject line is not brought over to SF. 

KBGallagher_1-1670944231386.png

KBGallagher_2-1670944293608.png

Any suggestions? 

Thank you

Katleen

0 Upvotes
KBGallagher
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you both @karstenkoehler @christopher-RVO . When creating a work flow in HS, I can choose to create a task inside SF. Below is a snapshot of what fields are available. One of the fields is the Subject line. We have the subject lines for our tasks in SF limited. I would like to use of the the options we have when creating this workflow in HS. 

I will look into your suggestions @karstenkoehler 

Katleen

KBGallagher_0-1670939538147.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBGallagher,

Without the option to use personalization tokens, you might have to create an if/then branch or workflow per subject line, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KBGallagher
Participant

SOLVE

Danke. Ich dachte eher das ich einen Workflow fuer jede Brochure mache. Damit kann ich dann spezielle Subjects und Description benutzen.

KBGallagher_0-1670940934998.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBGallagher,

Nice German! Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. If you can't use a token, you would have to break this into smaller workflows.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KBGallagher,

HubSpot doesn't store the subject line of a marketing email in a contact property – it's unfortunately not something that would be easily available for sync, at least not without custom code.

However, if you want to access and pass on information about the brochure, this lives in Recent conversion. This field on the contact object contains the last form the contact submitted. This is formatted as the name of the page the form was submitted on, followed by a colon, then the name of the submitted form (i.e., Name of page: Name of form).

If you're creating tasks in HubSpot before syncing them to Salesforce, you can use a personalization token for Recent conversion in the task creation:

karstenkoehler_3-1670909795002.png

Let me know if you I got your request right and if you have any follow-up questions!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

christopher-RVO
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@KBGallagher  What subject line are you trying to sync from HubSpot? 

Is it the email someone receives after they download a brochure?

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8