Internal Knowledge Base

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Joined March-2017

How to stop e-mailing tasks and schedule contacts

I started adding things to my schedule with contacts attached because I wanted to have quick access to the contact, but now I'm finding out that the contact is being e-mail my schedule "event"? How do I stop them from receiving the e-mail? I just want it on my calendar, not necessarily on theirs. 

Also, if I have a task opened for myself to complete for a specific contact, is that contact receiving an e-mail of my task? I don't want them to know the tasks that I need to complete, it's just for my reference. Again, I want the task linked to their contact information, but I don't want the task e-mailed out to them.

I clicked on the notification settings that someone recommended on another question but it only gave me the option to notify myself or not....

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Joined October-2016

Re: How to stop e-mailing tasks and schedule contacts

Hey @UnboxedTherapy, are you using the Meetings tool to schedule meetings and organise your calendar? This is a contact facing tool, so any associated contacts will receive a notification.

This does not apply to the Tasks tool, this data is private to you and your users in the CRM.

Róisín Kirby (Ró)
HubSpot Community Manager
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Community Manager
Joined October-2016

Hey @UnboxedTherapy, are you using the Meetings tool to schedule meetings and organise your calendar? This is a contact facing tool, so any associated contacts will receive a notification.

This does not apply to the Tasks tool, this data is private to you and your users in the CRM.

Róisín Kirby (Ró)
HubSpot Community Manager
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
0 Kudos
New Contributor
Joined March-2017

Probably. I think I need to create tasks instead, they just don't seem to grab my attention as much as the scheduling did. 

0 Kudos