CRM

Miembro

How to stop HubSpot creating contacts from all emails I receive in Outlook?

resolver

Hi, how do I stop Hubspot automatically creating a contact from all emails that come through into my Outlook. These are emails from new organisation I never emailed before, and therefore contacts where HubSpot has never been bbc before.

I receive (obviously) many emails from organisations that are not leads/contacts (e.g. emails from company X about their products, which would never be a contact, because I would never sell them anything), but HubSpot log all these organisations into my contacts. I cannot see the option to stop HubSpot doing this.

I have been on the online chat with HubSpot for about 1 hour. The girl trying to help me did her best. We answered together several unrelated questions, until she said go on the community and ask for help.

If anyone can help please it would be much appreciated. I am a business user trying to validate if my business could benefit from HubSpot. So far I am struggling with basic usability questions, and to find basic answers. The HubSpot staff on the chat are cute and helpful, but not very knowledgeable, and the material on HubSpot is either very generic (e.g. how to create or manage properties), but once you pass the basic, the material does not help troubleshoot what appears to be a usability management issue from my end.

2 Soluciones aceptadas
PamCotton
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

@McCory , @Rico  @BillyBunter , thank you all for your feedback.

I wanted to bring to your attention this specific idea in our ideas forum here .

Where other users would like the same functionality there.

Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

PamCotton
Solución

resolver

Hello @LABN616398223 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused. Our product team will be providing the most updated information in the idea here

The product team last updated with “I will be reviewing this with the team and will post an update. We have a few upcoming features that should address some of this pain so I will share in the next couple of weeks as we have more details. Thank you!”

The best way to ensure your specific use case is associated with the idea will be to leave a comment on the idea. Doing so will also ensure you receive updates for this idea as well. 

Kindly,
Pam 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

60 Respuestas 60
dekoning_NL
Participante

resolver

This should get sorted as soon as possible. It is not a workable solution to just create contacts for clients. It only supports the vendor lockin for Hubspot; the more contacts; the more revenue.. 

0 Me gusta
RBennett2
Miembro

resolver

I had the same issue.  The solution: I had set up my email as Team email instead of Personal email. Delete the inbox that you created in conversations, and go to settings, preferences, general and add you email as Personal email. Voila!

EliteYouth
Miembro

resolver

You beautiful soul.. Thank you

0 Me gusta
Evgenii
Participante

resolver

Same problem. The fact is that I use the MailReach service to warm up mail and, accordingly, it uses bots to warm it up. In the text of each such letter, there is a special code by which it automatically sorts the letters so that they do not litter the mailbox. However, all these letters end up in Hubspot and still create contacts (but these are booots)))
Eventually:
1) I didn't find the setting so that new contacts are not created from a specific email box
2) how to filter these letters in the hubspot inbox (the filter is needed by the body of the letter, as I said above, there is a special code)

bendonahower
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

If HubSpot is creating contacts from inbound emails, chances are it's because of the conversations inbox. Logging emails will create contacts but for outbound messages.

Here is a short video so you can see the relevant places in HubSpot, Outlook, and knowledge base articles for further investigation.

https://www.loom.com/share/8f7b2f1dd1b244788ddb16e3b12f4fb3

Conversations inboxes are best used for group inboxes. Email addresses like customersupport@businessname.com. More often than not individuals should not connect their email to a conversations inbox. 

I also advise people who wear many hats to turn off at least logging by default and develop the habit to check it when needed.

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
0 Me gusta
jeffhickey
Participante

resolver
With all due respect, this issue has been in this thread on this Hubspot Community request blog for 3+ years now. This is NOT a user issue. I never had conversation inboxes being utilized and dealt with this issue for more than six months when we first signed up with Hubspot before turning off my Google Workspace account connectivity and, unfortunately, losing some functionality that I ultimately thought I was getting from Hubspot.

Even IF this is related to how things are designed within Hubspot and thus an issue with how users are using the platform, there’s a severe disconnect as all of these people who have raised complaints about this issue on this thread for many years now cannot be misguided. If this is “it operates as designed,” then the communication, functionality, and configuration guidance provided by Hubspot is seriously lacking.

Finally, for a large-scale, industry-leading CRM technology company (or its partners) to offer:

a) “More often than not, individuals should not connect their email to a conversations inbox.” (BTW – a well-publicized “feature” of Hubspot) and/or

b) “I also advise people who wear many hats to turn off at least logging by default and develop the habit of checking it when needed.”

As solutions to issues that many of your clients have raised with you as remedies for a problem reported for more than three years suggests an utter disdain for input offered or a total disregard for such. Either way, very disrespectful and a complete waste of time to continually suggest that people go to your Hubspot Community and submit feature requests, obviously knowing that this is how such requests are treated.

In closing, it’s 2023; please fix your tool to meet the demands of your customers, or just be honest and let us know that you don’t care.
PJCampbell
Miembro

resolver

Who are you shouting at? The thoughtful person above is not a hubspot employee.

bendonahower

resolver

Your case may be unique. The vast majority of the comments here are from people who using the conversations inbox or logging all outgoing email. 

1. The conversations inbox is a useful feature. There are use cases for which it is useful and times that it is not. It's useful when multiple people are checking an email / social message and when incoming messages all have a relevant purpose.

2. What alternative would you propose? You can logging / tracking on or off by default. Some users benefit from either / or being on by default and others not.

HubSpot has delivered 1,060 ideas from the ideas forum to date with 100s of hundreds in review, planning, or beta.

jeffhickey
Participante

resolver

With all due respect, I too would like many of my conversations logged & tracked.  That doesn't mean that every individual I speak with should be added to Hubspot as a contact.  There have been multiple suggestions as to how to "fix" this and again, the issue remains after more than 3 years (and possibly longer).  

Option 1:  Give me a button or pop-up asking if I want the contacts added to my DB.  This would allow me to have it turned on by default and a quick button to NOT add specific contacts on the fly.  

Option 2:  Make auto-adding contacts functionality "Off" by default.  Provide notice when a user turns the functionality "On" that this is an either-or situation.  If it's On, it's "ON" and will add all contacts and there's a risk of duplicates being created.

Option 3: Instead of auto-adding contacts, add the proposed additions to a list and let me go through the list on my own time and select which ones to add and which ones to not add.  Put the responsibility back on the user.    

None of these options should be difficult to program and definitely should not take 3+ years to evaluate, review, design, code and implement.  I'm certain Hubspot has responded positively to 100's + suggestions via this discussion board.  it's very unprofessional and downright rude to leave an issue open for this long with so many customers complaining if you have absolutely no intention of doing anything about it.  Close the thread and put a banner up that says "Issue has been evaluated and Hubspot deems it unnecessary.  The system is working as designed." At least be honest about it.....

bendonahower

resolver

Both options 1 and 2 exist. I suggest reaching out to HubSpot support.

0 Me gusta
tsays
Participante

resolver

How is this still a problem? I see all these upvotes and product team engagements on other threads for 3 years ago - and still this isn't solved. It IS a huge violation of privacy and it does make such a mess out of contacts. One just shouldn't have to do this. Also, Hubspot is still adding items that I've said not to log, so it's even worse. 

cbailey9
Participante

resolver

This is a huge violation of privacy. I have emails/leads being created from our HR department  that keep showing up automatically in hubspot because of this issue. Need this resolved immediately! 

jeffhickey
Participante

resolver

it's really unfortunate but maybe this becoming a PR / Legal issue is what might have to happen to get somebody at HS to pay attention.  This feels so much like "it's the software's fault ... ala Southwest Airlines".  If contacts are created systematically when a user does not want that to happen and somehow those contacts get access to information they're not supposed to have THEN MAYBE somebody will pay attention.  Again, this is very sad as it's not a complicated fix here.  

FloDlz
Participante

resolver

Hi all. Is there any progress on that feature since then? 
It is quite annoying but it feels like that nothing have changed. 

Thanks for your help.
Flo

ThreadsHelp2018
Colaborador líder

resolver

Hi there. We recently updated our article on this following feedback from our users in case this is helpful for others!

YD
Participante

resolver

I have the same issues from time to time. good one. 

LuvClip_dot_com
Miembro

resolver

Feb 22, 2021 and it appears to be working for me.  I've only been using HubSpot for a few days. I have my email address hooked up to Google Workspace and I have the HubSpot Chrome plugin installed and I've linked my business email address that Google Workspace is hosting with HubSpot.

When I sent myself an email (from one of my personal email accounts) and I got this option on the right side of my Gmail Inbox and the message was marked as unread. 

LuvClip_dot_com_0-1614124383135.png

I didn't click the "Add to HubSpot" because I don't want my personal email in my business HubSpot Contacts. 

When I opened the email and replied I got these two checkbox options....

LuvClip_dot_com_1-1614124692444.png

When I unchecked the "Log" checkbox I got this ...

LuvClip_dot_com_2-1614124823630.png

and...

LuvClip_dot_com_3-1614124862369.png

If I understand this correctly, future emails from my personal email address will NOT be tracked as long as they are in this list. 

and then uncheck the "Track" option...

LuvClip_dot_com_4-1614124954429.png

However, the "Track" option does not stay OFF by default on subsequent emails. It was back on when I continued sending messages back and forth. But the email address is not added to contacts. Yay!

LuvClip_dot_com_6-1614125296964.png

THANKS for fixing this HubSpot.   As a long time web software developer myself, I understand how challenging it can be to get ALL of the features exactly right for ALL of your users.  I do think that this is a good start for this feature.

TiphaineCuisset

resolver

Hi @LuvClip_dot_com 

Thank you for reaching out!

If you want to have the log & track boxed unchecked by default when composing an e-mail, you could change your log & track preferences by following those steps

Regarding the Never Log tool, I jut want to precise that this will never log emails sent to this specific recipient and not emails sent from the sender. You have more information on this here. 

Thank you!

Have a lovely day

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

MBisikiewicz
Miembro

resolver

I am new user trying to set a little sales team. 

This issue is the first one I have ...

Please make something about it !!!

0 Me gusta
PamCotton

resolver

Hello @MBisikiewicz, welcome to the Community, please upvote this idea here 

this will be the best resource to get more updates about this feature.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Me gusta