CRM

メンバー

How to stop HubSpot creating contacts from all emails I receive in Outlook?

解決

Hi, how do I stop Hubspot automatically creating a contact from all emails that come through into my Outlook. These are emails from new organisation I never emailed before, and therefore contacts where HubSpot has never been bbc before.

I receive (obviously) many emails from organisations that are not leads/contacts (e.g. emails from company X about their products, which would never be a contact, because I would never sell them anything), but HubSpot log all these organisations into my contacts. I cannot see the option to stop HubSpot doing this.

I have been on the online chat with HubSpot for about 1 hour. The girl trying to help me did her best. We answered together several unrelated questions, until she said go on the community and ask for help.

If anyone can help please it would be much appreciated. I am a business user trying to validate if my business could benefit from HubSpot. So far I am struggling with basic usability questions, and to find basic answers. The HubSpot staff on the chat are cute and helpful, but not very knowledgeable, and the material on HubSpot is either very generic (e.g. how to create or manage properties), but once you pass the basic, the material does not help troubleshoot what appears to be a usability management issue from my end.

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
PamCotton
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

@McCory , @Rico  @BillyBunter , thank you all for your feedback.

I wanted to bring to your attention this specific idea in our ideas forum here .

Where other users would like the same functionality there.

Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

元の投稿で解決策を見る

PamCotton
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @LABN616398223 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused. Our product team will be providing the most updated information in the idea here

The product team last updated with “I will be reviewing this with the team and will post an update. We have a few upcoming features that should address some of this pain so I will share in the next couple of weeks as we have more details. Thank you!”

The best way to ensure your specific use case is associated with the idea will be to leave a comment on the idea. Doing so will also ensure you receive updates for this idea as well. 

Kindly,
Pam 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

60件の返信
crourke
メンバー

解決

Hi - FWIW I totally agree on this problem and seemingly no solution from HS. Like many I get emails from other people than those I am talking to about sales - e.g. family, suppliers, people trying to sell to me (and me replying to stop their emails - that ends up in HS).  Some things could be sensitive personal and you accidentally logged that thread for the rest of the company to see. Its such a basic problem and as others suggest a setting solution can be made to NOT log everything I email to HS. Make the default to not log to HS, but you need to actively choose to (through the BCC or the sales tool tick). 

LABN616398223
参加者

解決

Interesting reads. Hubspot is clearly not interested in changing this functionality. It was very rude of someone to call this spamming an expected behaviour of a CRM that claims to be advanced and to use AI. If there was any intelligence being used at all at design level, you would save users a lot of time. Clearly, your priority is not improvement. Shocked to see the "expected behavior" comment. When the cure of a disease is worst then the disease itself, you dont call it a cure. I can confidently say the way hubspot has handled this issue 1- They are not intelligent to provide a cure 2- They make money out of this disease 3- They are not interested in resolving customer issues 4- Hubtspots thinks it may be a cure, but it might be a diseased cure. Very poor acknowledgement at support level. 
Hubspot and PamCotton You guys really need to up your game, you are wasting your user's time!
P.S hire less people like jennysowyrda if you wish to survive.

PamCotton
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @LABN616398223 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused. Our product team will be providing the most updated information in the idea here

The product team last updated with “I will be reviewing this with the team and will post an update. We have a few upcoming features that should address some of this pain so I will share in the next couple of weeks as we have more details. Thank you!”

The best way to ensure your specific use case is associated with the idea will be to leave a comment on the idea. Doing so will also ensure you receive updates for this idea as well. 

Kindly,
Pam 

dekoning_NL
参加者

解決

Any update on this after 2 years...? 

xanbo
参加者

解決

I am very interested in this feature and I am commenting so I receive updates.

DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @xanbo Our product team will be providing the most updated information in the idea here. Please follow the idea thread to make sure you receive updates 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 いいね!
AGreig
参加者

解決

Please sort this issue ASAP. Copper CRM has the 'option' to add an email address as a contact. Becuase Hubspot dosent integrate with Google contacts, The Zap I have set up to create a Google contact from Hubspot contact dosent work properly because it dosent have the required fields populated only from an email!

0 いいね!
PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @AGreig please upvote in our ideas forum here.  This will be where our product team will update in case it's created.

Kindly,

Pam

ExecuServices
メンバー

解決

This problem has a simple fix. 

Make it so incoming contacts can be categorized (like as "unassigned" as @jsc592 mentioned) however we would like. That way, for businesses like mine, where I get FAR more emails unrelated to sales, than I do about sales, we can just move over the contacts to leads or something like that as we choose. 

I just do not want every contact to be labeled a lead. 

0 いいね!
timothy2
参加者

解決

We aslo need to delete "unassigned" companies in addition to "unassigned" contacts.  There are 3 steps involved to clear 1 unwanted email - the email, the new contact, and the new company.  So we need to delete the unwanted emails, which is a must with or without optional contact creation.  Then we need to delete the unassigned contacts and companies periodically.

PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @timothy2 , please upvote in our ideas forum here. Where other users would like the same functionality there.

Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot.

Thank you,

Pam

jsc592
参加者

解決

Not sure if this helps at all, but when you go to the Contacts page there is an option called 'Unassigned Contacts'. For me, this is where all of the contacts go who I haven't replied to in the Conversations section. So I can bulk select and delete them from there. Not ideal, but works for me at the moment. Would love to see an option in the future though!

McCory
参加者

解決

It is absolutly BONKERS that this is an issue. I think everyone gets more non-customer emails than customer/cleints emails!!! I just started with Hubspot yesterday and was really liking it until I realized this is happening and there is no fix for it. I'm accountant and get tons of statement notifications from clients accounts that are useless to me along with informational emails, newsletters, etc. I will spend more twice as much time cleaning up my non contacts then this application will save me!! This makes Hubspot look rinky dink and will cause me to look elsewhere and not even try to work with it. I had really high hopes for hubspot and it growing along with my business. Probabaly not now. smh....

PamCotton
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

@McCory , @Rico  @BillyBunter , thank you all for your feedback.

I wanted to bring to your attention this specific idea in our ideas forum here .

Where other users would like the same functionality there.

Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly,

Pam

GeoDan
参加者

解決

Accepted Solution? That is an insult to your customers. Shame.

0 いいね!
AGupta99
メンバー

解決

how many more upvotes do you guys require to implement the solution. Its been 3 years but there is still no solution to this issue

BRadomski
メンバー

解決

im have the same issue. is there a way now to get it stopped with automatic creating the contacts from by incoming emails?

DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @BRadomski ,  please upvote in our ideas forum here.  This will be where our product team will update in case it's created.

Kindly,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 いいね!
YD
参加者

解決

no it doesn't help. the number of up votes stayed as 33 magically regardless how many more people are up voting. lol 

Rico
メンバー

解決
This has more to do with Hubspot's pricing structure than technology per se. Keep in mind that the paid plans are based on the number of contacts in the database (like Mailchimp for that matter). This is why Hubspot is considered a great "lead gen" tool, especially if your budget is limited.
BillyBunter
投稿者

解決

If this is the thinking behind adding spammers' contacts and companies to HubSpot, it is inconsistent. The marketing email tool uses a varierty of signals to ensure you are not spamming, and one signal is the number of bounces and unsubscribes.

Adding junk contacts to your database is a sure way of increasing bounces.