CRM

DWeb8
Membro

How to solve the error importing contacts: INVALID OBJECT ID

resolver

I'm trying to import some contacts and created a Contact ID column to avoid duplication, but I'm getting an error with the new contacts. INVALID OBJECT ID

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @DWeb8,

This is not the "official" HubSpot contact ID. The HubSpot contact ID is not a running number, it's automatically assigned by HubSpot and cannot be changed. You would have to export it first before you can use it in an import:

karstenkoehler_0-1625576460667.png

That's why HubSpot is returning the error. Either you export the contact ID first or you remove the column. HubSpot will then update and deduplicate contacts by their email address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

7 Respostas 7
webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @DWeb8 ,

There might be a probability that you have not created a similar property in your hubspot account because of which mapping is not done properly and it is encountering an error.
What you can do is to first create an exactly same property in your hubspot then again try to import contacts. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

DWeb8
Membro

resolver

But what's giving error is the object ID, I selected to import single objects.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @DWeb8,

When you see this error, you must have selected the checkbox to update existing records using [object] IDs. HubSpot was not able to import these contact because it couldn't match the object ID listed in the file to an existing ID in HubSpot.

For a solution, you could either unselect that checkbox (if you're not updating or associating existing objects) or export your existing records first to get the correct object IDs.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
DWeb8
Membro

resolver

I actually create a column in the spreadsheet with the Contact Id, my intention was to export some data without duplicating others that were already in Hubspot.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @DWeb8,

HubSpot will deduplicate by email address automatically. If you've selected the option to update contacts by contact ID, each contact in your import file needs the ID. Could you confirm that you've set up your import file that way and that you've previously exported the IDs from HubSpot?

Any new contacts without an ID could be imported in a second batch.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Avaliação positiva
DWeb8
Membro

resolver

Everyone had a contact ID

sheet.png

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @DWeb8,

This is not the "official" HubSpot contact ID. The HubSpot contact ID is not a running number, it's automatically assigned by HubSpot and cannot be changed. You would have to export it first before you can use it in an import:

karstenkoehler_0-1625576460667.png

That's why HubSpot is returning the error. Either you export the contact ID first or you remove the column. HubSpot will then update and deduplicate contacts by their email address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler